• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Live Cricket happening in the world right now

zorax

likes this
Should check twitter to see what kind of buzz these games are generating, if any. Dream XI were targeting the Indian audience, hope they succeeded. Fans might be a bit disillusioned after the Vanuatu experience.

zorax

likes this
I once saw Currency in an FC game here trundler years ago.
Are these guys all legit FC cricketers, or are we seeing some club standard cricketers?

Amatuerish run out there, and finger spin is dominanting, but commentary and camera work is class.

SillyCowCorner1

Are these guys all legit FC cricketers, or are we seeing some club standard cricketers?

Amatuerish run out there, and finger spin is dominanting, but commentary and camera work is class.
Currency last played FC cricket 6 years ago.
I think it might be more of an exhibition tournament or something.

zorax

likes this
Currency last played FC cricket 6 years ago.
I think it might be more of an exhibition tournament or something.
It's franchise based, so makes sense they'll go for popular names rather than the best players they can find

Hong Kong is so small that when we did the T20 Blitz auctions, the teams made legitimately good sections in terms of local players. The quality of cricket was actually really good. Bit chaotic at times, and the international guys dominated like mad, but that's part of why it was such a success.

SillyCowCorner1

It's franchise based, so makes sense they'll go for popular names rather than the best players they can find

Hong Kong is so small that when we did the T20 Blitz auctions, the teams made legitimately good sections in terms of local players. The quality of cricket was actually really good. Bit chaotic at times, and the international guys dominated like mad, but that's part of why it was such a success.
And it's Vincy, everyone probably at the beach.

zorax

likes this
Kesrick with a much needed Sunshine Smasher. Good recovery these few overs. Bowling team (still got nfi of the names) losing the plot a bit. Kesrick making things happen for his boys.

SillyCowCorner1

What's the beach cricket scene like
I don't know about St Vincent.

But here, we have a beach named #63 Beach. Most popular. Flat, when the water comes in it creates a nice gloss for the ball to skid off with the least friction as possible. It's a bit like Bridge Cricket, as explained in the other thread.

zorax

likes this
Are there any organised beach cricket tournaments? Sounds like it could be extremely popular. It's not possible in HK because even tho we have some great breaches, they are often completely full.

SillyCowCorner1

Are there any organised beach cricket tournaments? Sounds like it could be extremely popular. It's not possible in HK because even tho we have some great breaches, they are often completely full.
No, none that I know of. There might have been one last August 1st (Emancipation Day), when the beaches are packed. The other day when the beach is packed is on Easter. Everyone goes to fly their kites there.

I have never been to any of these in my life.
Easter is spent in the ballfield near my house...and we basically do the same thing on Emancipation day, minus the kiteflying.

Bush cook

zorax

likes this
Baseball field, football field, or any ball game field?

Botanical Rangers batted first. The Lasaferoy(?) Hikers are chasing now. 70 to win.

SillyCowCorner1

Baseball field, football field, or any ball game field?

Botanical Rangers batted first. The Lasaferoy(?) Hikers are chasing now. 70 to win.
Ball field. Where multiple games are played. It has a pair of poles for the volleyball net.

All ball fields have a cricket pitch in the middle of the field.

zorax

likes this
2 wides and a dropped catch to start the innings lol

Probably going to go to bed before the third game