• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Memorable Moments...

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
...of your life. Moments that will probably flash before your eyes just before you die. Ones that are etched in your memory and you can replay them as if they occurred minutes ago.

Mine:

• Shaking hands with Imran Khan
  • First time I heard a girl tell me that she loves me
  • Landing in Chicago
  • WC '92
  • Having done certain things for the first time
  • Getting the best batsman I ever bowled to out on the only ball I ever bowled to him. One of the defining moments of my childhood
  • Seeing my Dad for the first time in six months after he became a fugitive. Never hugged him so hard
  • First time I touched a boobie
  • The only time my favorite band took stage in front of me

andmark

A few of mine...

Shane Warne take his 600th Test wicket.
Going up to Red Rum's grave.
Hitting a Golf Ball 100 yards.
And seeing Michael Vaughan get 166.

1-9-7-7

So many

But when Dallas Green sung that first note of the Boiled Frogs verse when I went to see them, that was amazing, I never cried so much.
That whole night when I saw Alexisonfire

When Slayer FINALLY played South of Heaven when I saw them
First kiss with my long term girlfriend a while ago.
First time I had sex.
Making a top corner save with the school hurling team.
Sitting down at a drum kit after a year of not playing and being able to play Slayer on it.

Sure theres far mroe.

cpr

Lets forget the obvious ones like Sex n the like (mind you i bet half the people cant remember the first time.... thanks beer!)

For some reason i can remember my 3rd birthday as clear as day, the cake, being sat at the table, getting a toy lawnmower, my cousin having first go chasing my dad whilst he really mowed the lawn, finally getting a go and being called in as soon as i got hold of it. Random memory

Also remember my 6th birthday, going to sleep with a thomas the tank duvet on and waking up with He man, and not having a clue how it happened. (remember a lot of that time as we were living at my grans for a few months)

Been taken to my first football match with dad, Utd reserves V Everton Reserves, losing 3-2, both goals by the wonder machine that was Mark Robbins

Passing my driving test (dont remember much of the test, it was a shocker, more the being told, 'actually you didnt kill anyone, so you've passed', wasnt expecting it at all)

My mate surprising me on my 21st, she'd come back from Prague a day early especially and hadn't told me

Seeing Pearl Jam live at Leeds, first festival they'd done since Roskilde 6 years before, and being right at the front.

Walking up on stage on my graduation, praying i didnt fall. Got the sleeve of my gown caught on the bannister on the way off, but most people did, and no one noticed as they were too busy laughing at my mate getting so carried away he walked straight past the dean without shaking her hand. He was mortified when we told him

open365

...of your life. Moments that will probably flash before your eyes just before you die. Ones that are etched in your memory and you can replay them as if they occurred minutes ago.

Mine:

• Shaking hands with Imran Khan
  • First time I heard a girl tell me that she loves me
  • Landing in Chicago
  • WC '92
  • Having done certain things for the first time
  • Getting the best batsman I ever bowled to out on the only ball I ever bowled to him. One of the defining moments of my childhood
  • Seeing my Dad for the first time in six months after he became a fugitive. Never hugged him so hard
  • First time I touched a boobie
  • The only time my favorite band took stage in front of me
I know i shouldn't really ask this, but why's your dad a fugitive?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's the 13th this time, ITBT.

• Hingston changing his avatar to Allan Donald
  • Hingston changing his avatar to a self-portrait
  • Hingston not changing his avatar
are mine.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

• Ned Kelly's goal at Wembley - four minutes of heaven
    Jessica caling me Dad for the first time
    The twins being born
    Clean bowling my brother with a bouncer
    getting promoted at work and realising that I now have a career and will be able to provide a decent lifestyle for my family

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I know i shouldn't really ask this, but why's your dad a fugitive?
Long story. A shorter version would include my Dad running a construction business in Abu Dhabi, the Gulf War happening at the wrong time, the business going down the drain, and his partner being an influential Arab who was above the law.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
The time a giant space rat came and consumed the entire Jervalian race from earth. Anyone born after 1990 won't remember that.

pasag

RTDAS
:laugh:

1992 Centenary match Carlton v Collingwood, MCG, fireworks, a million people, Carlton winning. Wow.

Tomm NCCC

Good thread, Here's the list

. Commentator Colin Fray giving me the thumbs up after making him a cuppa
. Being slide tackled on Tarmac by my best mate in a game of footie-tennis. so gloriously random.
. Harmisons 7-12
. Lewis Mcgugans first Forest goal
. First kiss. Duh.

DCC_legend

Best Moments:

-Taking 4/42 on Debut for my clubs 1st XI.
-Getting to the final of the schools cricket cup.
-Welsh Festival of Rugby tournament in Aberystwyth, such an awesome weekend and the rugby wasn't bad either.
-First kiss.
-Trip to paris in Year 8.

Craig

World Traveller
Winning a trip to England in 2005, you enter these things and think "I have no chance" but then you do!
Bowling Neil Pickup, I’m more dire of a bowler then Richard is
Seeing the Colosuem and the Vatication
Meeting some of my sports heros
Getting kicked out of a nightclub even though I had been there for two minutes