• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mitchell Johnson

Alysum

we should make a poll for the 3rd Gabba seamer with Clark, Dizzy, Johnson, Bracken, Tait

FaaipDeOiad

Gotta say after the last two games, the thing that is really impressing me about Johnson is how quickly he's learning. Obviously he's sharp, swings the new and old ball and is generally talented, but in the two CT games so far he's shown a range with the ball that I'd never have expected from a guy who hasn't even played 10 matches, along with a willingness to cut his pace to avoid spraying it around. In the game against England he was bowling cutters and varying his length like a pro, and he came back really well from getting hit around a bit in his first spell against India.

He's making a pretty irresistable case to be picked in Brisbane now, and I can't see any way that he'll miss out.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Agreed completely Faaip. Has more than done enough IMO, looks like a top bowler to back up McGrath and Lee. Adds pace and variety, and with MacGill`s poor form and suspension, looks more likely. I`m for him.

Will everyone PLEASE stop talking up MacGill! The man is getting tonked around a bit in club cricket, and I really don`t think he`s needed, especially at the `Gabba.

Burgey

Nnanden said:
Agreed completely Faaip. Has more than done enough IMO, looks like a top bowler to back up McGrath and Lee. Adds pace and variety, and with MacGill`s poor form and suspension, looks more likely. I`m for him.

Will everyone PLEASE stop talking up MacGill! The man is getting tonked around a bit in club cricket, and I really don`t think he`s needed, especially at the `Gabba.
Even McGill said on radio today that he's more likely toplay in Adelaide, Sydney and maybe Melbourne rather than Brisbane. He even reckons the WACA is more likely than 'Gabba.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I`m saying the public should stop calling for MacGill`s inclusion at the `Gabba. :) He should definately be considered at some other grounds.

Mister Wright

Nnanden said:
I`m saying the public should stop calling for MacGill`s inclusion at the `Gabba. :) He should definately be considered at some other grounds.
MacGill is Australia's 3rd best bowler and should therefore be selected no matter what the conditions.

chaminda_00

Nnanden said:
How is he our third best? Been in very crap form.
Has he played a game this season where his been fully fit. No, still coming back from injury from the pointless camp they had.