• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mixed allegiances!

jan

I suggest you start watching Wasim and Waqar videos on YouTube immediately, you'll become an instant follower of the Pakistani bowling like Usain Bolt. :laugh:

BTW which country are you from?
Funny you say that...my first contact with cricket ever was through Pakistan, namely Imran Khan. I had my portion of Khan, Akram, Akthar youtube clips ;)

Im from Czech Republic czech-flag.gif

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Funny you say that...my first contact with cricket ever was through Pakistan, namely Imran Khan. I had my portion of Khan, Akram, Akthar youtube clips ;)

Im from Czech Republic View attachment 19495
wow.....didn't know Imran Khan was known in the Czech Republic :).......welcome to CW mate.....I hope you have a good time here.

jan

wow.....didn't know Imran Khan was known in the Czech Republic :)
He is absolutely not. By chance I came across a BBC interview with him last year which started my interest in cricket. My family and friends worry about me since then :)

I have yet to develop my allegiances and get them mixed.

shivfan

Banned
I was born in England to mixed parentage - Sri Lankan and English.

My parents and I moved when I was a young child to the Caribbean, where I grew up and obviously learnt to play cricket.

So, I'm first and foremost a West Indies fan. Secondly, I support Sri Lanka and England.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I always like Sanga scoring. WAFG.

The only time I really didn't want him to score was in the World Cup final.

But mostly, I do not mind Shoaib Akhtar doing well vs. India. I remember a test match in 2007 when India were chasing something like 220 or so in the 4th innings against Pakistan, and no one could get a wicket except Shoaib. India still cruised to victory, and Shoaib got all 4 wickets I think. Was the perfect result :D

jan

Cheers, Brumby .)

I noticed Krejza due to his Czech surname in the Australian squad but thought he was from an old immigrant family because quite a few Czechs left for AUS in the 20th century. It seems he might be able to speak Czech! I could spam his twitter or something to check out, cricketers all have twitters these days, right? :D

So far my second most favourite Australian has been incredibly funny David Thorne. He is second only to Skippy the Bush Kangaroo.

Last edited:

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Cheers, Brumby .)

I noticed Krejza due to his Czech surname in the Australian squad but thought he was from an old immigrant family because quite a few Czechs left for AUS in the 20th century. It seems he might be able to speak Czech! I could spam his twitter or something to check out, cricketers all have twitters these days, right? :D

So far my second most favourite Australian has been incredibly funny David Thorne. He is second only to Skippy the Bush Kangaroo.
Incidentally there was a book written by Imran Khan regarding how to play cricket (it came out in the 80s). Maybe you would want to buy it :)

Howe_zat

Inexplicably enough, yes. Krezja tweets from @jk404.

Agent Nationaux

Cheers, Brumby .)

Thanks for providing that link for Thorne's website. As a result I have become an instant fan. Loved the exchange between him and his neighbour about the party and the one with the school priest.