• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand Black Caps Thread

JBH001

Anyone think that NZ will rest a couple of key players before the game against Australia?
I reckon they should, Bond (for sure) and maybe Vettori and a couple of others as well?

It would probably piss the aussies off... :D

KiWiNiNjA

Anyone think that NZ will rest a couple of key players before the game against Australia?
I reckon they should, Bond (for sure) and maybe Vettori and a couple of others as well?

lol

but no

shehanwije

NZ may rest Bond and Vettori, but the surprise element that clearly got under the Aussie skins is now gone.

pasag

RTDAS
NZ may rest Bond and Vettori, but the surprise element that clearly got under the Aussie skins is now gone.
How did it get under the Australian's skins exactly? Both Ponting and Symonds said it was abit strange when talking to the media but they weren't upset or anything. I doubt they'd be after a thrashing like that.

Oh, you're just trolling, never mind.

GGG

Oram out of the Aussie game with recurrence of his heel injury, they say he will be back for the semi final. fingers crossed.

Raghav

Oram out of the Aussie game with recurrence of his heel injury, they say he will be back for the semi final. fingers crossed.
Dont think so he will be back to SRL match. But hope so! Oh god! WC ...once in four years chance.. No more injuries plz.....

GGG

He will be back for the semi, maybe just as a batter, but they are saying it isn't serious.

" No more injuries plz", it's New Zealand, there are bound to be more.

Raghav

Oram...big hitter and how many times we saw McCullum and Oram together are involved in dismissals and also putting partnerships together......Hope he returns soon..

McCullum really misses Oram and more so Fleming..and overall NZ

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
In terms of Oram and McCullum partnerships, I don't think there's been that many up to the beginning of this year have there?

If there have then it's been McCullum scoring all the runs in them.

_Ed_

I guess, but he didn't actually get a bat in most of those games - he really only got the 50 against Canada. Also, he's scored 552 runs against Australia in his career at an average of just over 30.

GGG

McCullum started his career slow, but has a average of 37 for his last 20 games and 72 for his last 10. I would say a fair wack of those games are vs Australia and Sri Lanka. Stats guru is down at the moment, but I would guess his average v Australia in his last 10 games verses them would be near 40-50.

Last edited:

Perm

401 at an average of 36.50 so far this year. Not too bad IMO.
Actually he has scored 406 at an average of 33, still good for a #7 but nothing special. Take away the minnow games against Kenya, Canada and Ireland and his average is only 30 which is not that flash. Combined with a SR of just over 100 and it's pretty reasonable though, considering a few of those games he was opening the innings.

KiWiNiNjA

Until recently he'd done near nothing of note in ODIs, TBH.

Even if he doesnt score many runs, he plays an important role in running between the wickets and turning 1's into 2's. Therefore I feel statistics by themselves don't really do McCullum justice. So many times in important chases he has come in and done an awesome job at the other end while the in player scores the runs.