• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Non-sensical Acts by General Members of the Public That Make You Rage

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
aka what really grinds your gears

people who attempt social distancing on a pathway by stretching perpendicular across the path rather than standing parallel to the path. You're just making everyone thread the needle of your **** conversation and walking through a potential spray as you talk from both sides. Who cares about your property portfolio taking a hit, get a real ****ing job you pricks and get the **** off me sidewalk

NZTailender

following the same theme, people who walk 2-3 abreast on a narrow sidewalk is annoying under regular circumstances, but in a pandemic is just ****ing pigheaded and irresponsible. ever heard of single file? gonna start carrying neck mount swords that protrude at least a metre either side. bunch up. just because you have kids doesn't give you licence to the whole area.go back in time and get a vasectomy or be gay and spare us your menagerie

NZTailender

people who walk around with portable speakers blaring **** music. I wish i could bottle your confidence because i partly admire the audacity, but ultimately i'd be bottling asshole juice. and why is it always horrible bbq reggae dubstep

NZTailender

you wouldn't enjoy going to my local countdown
i don't enjoy going to supermarkets at the best of times. almost used my trolley as a battering ram last time when a middle aged hippy woman stood in the middle of an aisle intersection sort of area causing at least 6 people to halt and wait for her. i know we can't turn back the clock and un-addle your druggie brain (but somehow you've probably got money now and 2 boats?) but maybe make a list hey?

Flem274*

123/5
lists are for women and adults. real men like yourself should grab the obvious then make it up as you go along like i do.*

*just don't block the aisle

NZTailender

lists are for women and adults. real men like yourself should grab the obvious then make it up as you go along like i do.*

*just don't block the aisle
i can't remember if you're single or not but this highlights you might be

was waiting in the countdown carpark whilst my partner did the shop. the couple behind us in the initial wait line, the guy went in and the woman stayed in the carpark (which was good, great eyecandy tbf, looked like sofia vergara). he came out about 30 minutes later with one bag and they proceeded to have an argument, at which point she went in to get all the stuff he missed

Flem274*

123/5
i can't remember if you're single or not but this highlights you might be

was waiting in the countdown carpark whilst my partner did the shop. the couple behind us in the initial wait line, the guy went in and the woman stayed in the carpark (which was good, great eyecandy tbf, looked like sofia vergara). he came out about 30 minutes later with one bag and they proceeded to have an argument, at which point she went in to get all the stuff he missed
:laugh:

i can relate to that fine man. my solution with the ex was to let her take charge of all the micromanagement and save my political capital for big picture things i actually give af about.

so we compromised and had lists for the supermarket, which was good because it made her happy and less likely to interfere with dinner on my cooking nights.

Line and Length

I witnessed a really stupid, inconsiderate act while shopping last week. A woman, wearing a face mask, pulled her mask down, coughed without covering her mouth and then replaced the mask.

Flem274*

123/5
the >REDACTED< measuring contest of hard work (inspired by teja's post in the overrated thread)

before we begin, the following is obviously coming from someone who grew up middle class, white and safe in a first world country and has a middle class, first world job. i can understand the working class and the third world vehemently disagreeing with me.

people who wear their 10,000 hours of work each day as a badge of higher morality really annoy me. my job is a responsible one that often requires extra hours at a moments notice late into the evening, and i do those hours partially because it's my job and partially because i don't want my team to suffer. i care about my staff and my colleagues because i am a sappy sook.

the competition to see who can work the hardest is stupid, because tbh i'd rather not aye. the person who works 10,000 hours in a day might be rewarded with a promotion to earn a few thousand dollars extra and a lot more responsibilities, but the 9,999 hour guy just gets told 'better luck next time'.

of course, the above is an idealized scenario. sometimes people who work the hardest aren't necessarily the best fit for higher positions or are too valuable in their current roles to promote, so they get to stay there, willingly walking into their submission every day believing they will be rewarded and are committing a moral good. their mistake is realised further when you note employers often pigeon hole and map out their plans for a new employee after they interview him. if you dream of being a cabinet maker but the personality quiz you took in your interview marks you as a desk maker who sucks at cabinets, you're building desks no matter your goals or the scientific accuracy of the quiz.

every hour you spend at work is an hour lost to your family or your own human needs and fulfillments. one of my best mates is a ridiculously hard worker and a lovely guy, and a few years ago his (now) ex did the dirty on him. without defending the sneaky little bint, i tried to explain to him girls like their man to actually be present in their lives.

hard work and going above and beyond should be respected, but the glorification and growing expectation of it as a normal occurrence and it's spiritual build up as a moral good is an insiduous design of those who benefit most from our hard work - people economically above us who earn most of the money from us. it just takes one person to believe in this snake oil to join a team and all of a sudden you have a team of people getting nervous because one guy is sacrificing his life to the business gods and they feel the pressure to keep up with him.

if i wrote this on some kind of real medium, i would feel nervous releasing it because i know employers would place a black mark next to my name and i would be subjected to accusations of laziness, bludgery and wanting a free ride. my response is a) absolutely, don't you want your cake and to eat it too? and b) **** off i've done enough long hours to get an opinion here m8.

i enjoy going to work because i atrophy without the discipline and i get to make new friends i can get drunk with but i reject the deification of overwork. i don't want to reach the end of my life and realise i wasted it in the office making someone else rich. i am not alive to submit to someone who doesn't give a **** about me except for my economic benefit to him. this lie that has been fed to us is repackaged autocracy and feudalism written for a modern audience.

i am fortunate to have an employer that has brought in the 4 day week, but i've had plenty of colleagues and friends in other workplaces who buy into the lie that working harder and longer makes you a better person.

zorax

likes this
the >REDACTED< measuring contest of hard work (inspired by teja's post in the overrated thread)

before we begin, the following is obviously coming from someone who grew up middle class, white and safe in a first world country and has a middle class, first world job. i can understand the working class and the third world vehemently disagreeing with me.

people who wear their 10,000 hours of work each day as a badge of higher morality really annoy me. my job is a responsible one that often requires extra hours at a moments notice late into the evening, and i do those hours partially because it's my job and partially because i don't want my team to suffer. i care about my staff and my colleagues because i am a sappy sook.

the competition to see who can work the hardest is stupid, because tbh i'd rather not aye. the person who works 10,000 hours in a day might be rewarded with a promotion to earn a few thousand dollars extra and a lot more responsibilities, but the 9,999 hour guy just gets told 'better luck next time'.

of course, the above is an idealized scenario. sometimes people who work the hardest aren't necessarily the best fit for higher positions or are too valuable in their current roles to promote, so they get to stay there, willingly walking into their submission every day believing they will be rewarded and are committing a moral good. their mistake is realised further when you note employers often pigeon hole and map out their plans for a new employee after they interview him. if you dream of being a cabinet maker but the personality quiz you took in your interview marks you as a desk maker who sucks at cabinets, you're building desks no matter your goals or the scientific accuracy of the quiz.

every hour you spend at work is an hour lost to your family or your own human needs and fulfillments. one of my best mates is a ridiculously hard worker and a lovely guy, and a few years ago his (now) ex did the dirty on him. without defending the sneaky little bint, i tried to explain to him girls like their man to actually be present in their lives.

hard work and going above and beyond should be respected, but the glorification and growing expectation of it as a normal occurrence and it's spiritual build up as a moral good is an insiduous design of those who benefit most from our hard work - people economically above us who earn most of the money from us. it just takes one person to believe in this snake oil to join a team and all of a sudden you have a team of people getting nervous because one guy is sacrificing his life to the business gods and they feel the pressure to keep up with him.

if i wrote this on some kind of real medium, i would feel nervous releasing it because i know employers would place a black mark next to my name and i would be subjected to accusations of laziness, bludgery and wanting a free ride. my response is a) absolutely, don't you want your cake and to eat it too? and b) **** off i've done enough long hours to get an opinion here m8.

i enjoy going to work because i atrophy without the discipline and i get to make new friends i can get drunk with but i reject the deification of overwork. i don't want to reach the end of my life and realise i wasted it in the office making someone else rich. i am not alive to submit to someone who doesn't give a **** about me except for my economic benefit to him. this lie that has been fed to us is repackaged autocracy and feudalism written for a modern audience.

i am fortunate to have an employer that has brought in the 4 day week, but i've had plenty of colleagues and friends in other workplaces who buy into the lie that working harder and longer makes you a better person.
Ok

Now get back to work

Gnske

I know a few people at my company who will go overboard to do overtime and they will choose every opportunity to bring it up. A basic cc all email will usually have the caveat "and I was working all night / saturday / weekend to give you this procedural document"

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can you guys make shorter posts please, am about do a 12 hour day, my fourth of the week

zorax

likes this
Can you guys make shorter posts please, am about do a 12 hour day, my fourth of the week
You're a hero

Starting Monday I'll be putting in 10 hours a day 7 days straight. Going to have to dig deep for that one

Lillian Thomson

I never rage. But it caught my attention when I saw a woman instruct her toddler sized daughter (an assumption there) to toss the litter and other debris from their picnic out of their car window.