• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2014 Asia Cup

NasserFan207

And a ****ing leading edge going for a six is ****ing bull****. Only really bad ball of the last over was that ball to Junaid. Should have bowled middle and off to him with lots of fielders close in saving singles. Would have been run out or would have skied one for sure. Doesn't have Afridi's strength to send mis-hits that far.
Mi****s going for six are so painful to see as a bowler, really cheapens good batting too.

OverratedSanity

And Wtf is with the ****ing filter censoring mi****s. Already hate them enough without me not bring allowed to type the whole ****ing word

G.I.Joe

I'm not saying it's unfair that Pakistan won, far from it. They deserved it. Just stating that's why I harte ODIs at the moment. It's a lottery at the death, way too often. The risk vs rewards of slogging with your eyes closed is too heavily in favour of the slogged. 65m boundaries ffs. All 3 of Afridi's sixes at the end were nowhere close to being good hits
Well, there's nothing stopping India from packing the lower order with blind sloggers themselves. That or pick powerful players like Dhoni instead of rakes like DK. I dare say India would have been better served playing Rayudu as keeper and replacing DK with someone like I/Y Pathan or Manoj Tiwary. DK just doesn't cut it as a batsman in limited overs cricket in the subcontinent.

OverratedSanity

Well, there's nothing stopping India from packing the lower order with blind sloggers themselves. That or pick powerful players like Dhoni instead of rakes like DK. I dare say India would have been better served playing Rayudu as keeper and replacing DK with someone like I/Y Pathan or Manoj Tiwary. DK just doesn't cut it as a batsman in limited overs cricket in the subcontinent.
Again, I wasn't talking from an India v Pakistan perspective. Would've made a similar post, albeit in a less angry tone if Jadeja had mis-hit those winning sixes for us instead of Afridi. It's just annoying when bad cricket is rewarded

NasserFan207

Point is it rewards physicality over skill, which isn't something a lot of people want to see. Its a wider problem which is why some people dislike T20, and ODIs to a lesser extent.

Its also only the batsmen who benefit from this stuff. When do they invent a cricket ball which swings/spins/reverses from the get go?

G.I.Joe

Point is it rewards physicality over skill, which isn't something a lot of people want to see. Its a wider problem which is why some people dislike T20, and ODIs to a lesser extent.

Its also only the batsmen who benefit from this stuff. When do they invent a cricket ball which swings/spins/reverses from the get go?
Yeah, I agree. I was just playing both ends simultaneously. Preferably fix the rules, failing which might as well have brains enough to use them to one's advantage. If you can't beat them, join them etc.

YorksLanka

congrats to Pakistan and hard luck to India on a very close match in the end..unfortunately irrespective of whether the runs come pinging from the middle or the edge, they still show the same in the scorebook..also formats dont matter as edges come in all formats imho..i agree with some comments that obviously the intensity of odi's is far more present atthe death- but hey that'swhat makes me want to watch them..as i have maintained from the beginning of this tournament, i still think Pakistan will lift the cup..

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Would be great if Smali's bois Hafeez and Afridi get Pakistan home
Yeah, they actually were the main contributors but doesn't mean they are not ****. One sunshine does not a summer make and all that

**** Afridi gonna **** us up. Just know it
Good call :laugh:

46 (39) required is the sort of situation Afridi can just completely take away from you in an over or two as a fielding side.

Much more often though it's the sort of situation where he he skies one early, gets out for single figures and instigates a Pakistan choke.
It was coming to this

Today after the first 10 overs of Pakistan innings had to take my mom out for some shopping. Could only catch glimpses of the match and was so annoyed at Pakistan for choking in a tournament match against India. In the last 5 overs i put my foot down and told mom that I am not moving out of one of the shops since it had a TV with the match going on it :p. It never should have even been close. Pakistan's pathetic batting packed with the likes of (yes I am saying it today) Hafeez and Afridi can't even chase a total requiring less than 5 RPO. This is shameful.

The umpiring was a ****ing disgrace. Very poor umpiring in the first innings. Not sure about the 2nd innings but umpiring has generally been poor in this Asia cup.

Having said all of that it was a really entertaining match spoiled by awful broadcasting by PTV sports. I thought the last ball was a catch on the boundary and saw Ashwin putting his hands on his head and afridi celebrating. I mean they didn't even show the whole shot as to where it landed and they cut to the ads. Such things happened throughout the course of the match and was ****ing disgraceful.

Xuhaib

celebrated like **** after the sixes then dawn on me this gives Afridi lifeline for another couple of years then realized the ****er is not leaving anyway so went back to celebrations.

YorksLanka

The world should be grateful to Sri lanka as we are doing our bit towards world peace..Most Indian fans on CI hate us more than they hate Pakistan so are supporting the green team against us now!! lol:laugh:

YorksLanka

i found it quite funny that Harsha congratulated kohli on "defending the total so well" - err shouldnt that have been "almost" defending the total so well...?

YorksLanka

i must say i prefer him to gavaskar and lal..no one can beat Navjot Singh Sidhu and the late great Tony Greig for me..

Last edited: