• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Cricket Web XI in the West Indies

Status
Not open for further replies.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
It is? I don't see it set anywhere. Besides are you saying Lara's captaincy isn't realistic? If you're wondering why you only bowled 3 overs, it's clearly because you were expensive and certain other bowlers weren't. It's not a personal vendetta or anything.
no cause then that would affect a captaincy skill , say if lang was captain he names that and if that doesnt pull of that shows the captaincy skill etc in decision making

Cloete

just out of interest. how the hell didn't i get MOM in game 3??? i got 90 and 2(or 3:duh:) for 10 :!( :!( :!( :!(

R_Powell_fan

I don't view the MoM as being very important, so what if you didn't get it, Cloete, whats more important is performing well.

Mr Mxyzptlk

6th ODI : CWXI v WI at Sabina Park.

35.5 Hurley to Andre, one run, Played between Lara and Chanderpaul and that's it... a very fine win the visitors
The scenes in Anitgua at the winning stroke of the 5th ODI. These two teams have fought hard in this series but it is the visiting Cricket Web XI who come into this finale on top 3-2. Last time, they were led by a brilliant hundred from opening batsman, Rich_2001 to an easy win chasing a mediocre total. The West Indies team has one major change as Lawson is out and Hinds is back in, in an attempt to strengthen the batting. For the Cricket Web XI, Langeveldt has stated that he doesn't want to mess with a winning combination and, as such they march on with the same XI. We're all set for what should be a thrilling finish in a must win for the home side.
Sounds of the game:
37.4 Samuels to Rik, one run, Dropped! Gayle made a big mess of that simple chance. Oh! How costly will that chance prove to be?

Attachments

Cloete

GEEZ:O :O !! wat a game!! i wish i could see that in real life :D. btw i got MOM :P. 82 off 64 balls. very well done by rik as well!! 51 off 31, and well supported by tamara. LE was a bit expensive:wow: . i think Rik actually deserved MOM here. 51 off 31 and also the second lowest econ. of the match. but well played to all of us :)

R_Powell_fan

Again.... I take note of R.Powell's performance..... 93 off 81 balls, topscored, LE deneid him a century, but well played team, excuse me but i think Rik should've been the MoM because he played aggressively and successfully under pressure in the lower order, well done Rik.

Rik

R_Powell_fan said:
Again.... I take note of R.Powell's performance..... 93 off 81 balls, topscored, LE deneid him a century, but well played team, excuse me but i think Rik should've been the MoM because he played aggressively and successfully under pressure in the lower order, well done Rik.
BANG
BANG
BANG
BANG
BANG

:D

Mr Mxyzptlk

CWXI ODI Avges.

Top Batting Avges.

Rich_2001 - 286@57.2...1 50, 1 100...SR:90.22...HS:112
Tamara - 247@49.4...2 50...SR:88.21...HS:80
Cloete - 265@44.17...3 50...SR:100.38...HS:90

Top Bowling Avges.
Cloete - 2@12.5...Econ:6.25...BB-2/10
Lucky Eddie - 7@26.29...Econ:4.49...BB-2/30...SR-35.15
Langeveldt - 7@28.29...Econ:4.30...BB-3/37...SR-39.43
Rik - 5@30.4...Econ:4.11...BB-2/30...SR-44.4

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

WI ODI Avges.

Top Batting Avges.
R.Sawan - 299@59.8...3 50's...HS:76...SR-87.68
R.Powell - 270@54...2 50's...HS:93...SR-87.66
C.Gayle - 195@32.5...1 50...HS:58...SR-85.53
--------------
Notable :-
B.Lara - 138@23...2 50's...HS:54...SR-102.22
--------------
Top Bowling Avges.
V.Drakes - 12@21.83...2 4W...BB:4/41...Econ-5.44...SR-102.22
M.Dillon - 7@31...BB:3/43...Econ-4.43...SR-42
C.Colleymore4@40.5...BB:2/40...Econ-4.63...SR-52.5

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Man/Woman of the Series!

Vote now for your Man/Woman of the Series.

Nominees:

Rich_2001
Tamara
Cloete
Langeveldt
Lucky Eddie
R.Sarwan
R.Powell
V.Drakes
M.Dillon

Mr Mxyzptlk

Man of the Test Series- Brian Lara

Men of the ODI Series- Ramnaresh Sarwan and Rich_2001

Tour closed. Tune in next time for the CWXI in Sri Lanka.

Status
Not open for further replies.