• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** OFFICIAL East Coast Fury Thread **

Simon

WCC Staff
do we really need one? it's really just a token job, if you are out for some reason you'll still captain the side, just someone else will have the c next to their name for the game...
it doesnt really matter who...

Johnners

fair point, unless someone really really really really really wants the job, i'm happy to go with that.

Blewy

Na i dont see why anyone should get it unless they deserve it and IMO nobody deserves it so why give it out...

thewizard1o1

Just go with clapo for the time being, if he goes on holidays or something we can cross that bridge when we get to it...at the moment everyone is able to have there opinion on the team anyways.

Shame to only get a point in the first game back after the break, hopefully we have worked all our 'rust' out and can finish the season with a bang.

kears_falcon_9

Pretty much garenteed the premiership aren't we? Anyway heres hoping we continue our form and win the last few reamaining games

speirz

*waits patiently* anyone out there???

With Dwyer out this week due to suspension, Speirz slots straight into the backline to make his debut. A win against the Dynamo virtually assures us the premiership (assuming the title is first past the post, and no final is required).
Seems like I joined the right team, a starting spot and a premiership:happy:

And a send off

Last edited:

Johnners

EAST COAST FURY - 2006/2007 CRICKET WEB FOOTBALL PREMIERS

Has a good ring to it ;) :cool:

Seriously though, well done to all players, barring a slight slip-up loss to the Swell, we were the dominant team all year, and were the strongest when it counted.

In regards to the win over Dynamo, a special mention to Simon who quite possibly produced the performance of the season. However, i dare say it wasn't our best team performance as it was really only Simon, Hoy & Pooja who contributed, whilst the rest of us seemed content to just make up the numbers (myself especially, not a single experience point :blink:) . That said, we won, and thats the main thing, especially knowing we can only improve for the next game :D

Last edited:

pinchy81

EAST COAST FURY - 2006/2007 CRICKET WEB FOOTBALL PREMIERS

Has a good ring to it ;) :cool:

Seriously though, well done to all players, barring a slight slip-up loss to the Swell, we were the dominant team all year, and were the strongest when it counted.

In regards to the win over Dynamo, a special mention to Simon who quite possibly produced the performance of the season. However, i dare say it wasn't our best team performance as it was really only Simon, Hoy & Pooja who contributed, whilst the rest of us seemed content to just make up the numbers (myself especially, not a single experience points :blink:) . That said, we won, and thats the main thing, especially knowing we can only improve for the next game :D
well what do you want me to do run around the whole field taking the ball off who ever and atempting to score? :p

also lets do some experimenting thesse ext to weeks like a 1-1-8 formation or let young Dunn start up front

Johnners

Thanks Mitchell.

Satisfying result in the last round for us, again it was our shots on goal that let us down with quite a number going over or wide. However it was a far more cohesive effort and we played much better as a team.

Lets finish the season on a high :D

pinchy81

Thanks Mitchell.

Satisfying result in the last round for us, again it was our shots on goal that let us down with quite a number going over or wide. However it was a far more cohesive effort and we played much better as a team.

Lets finish the season on a high :D
go with a 1-1-8 formation ffs

Johnners

East Coast Fury 2006/2007 CW Premiers

Congratulations Lady & Gentlemen :)

It's a shame such a fantastic debut season for the East Coast Fury had to come to an end with a loss, but afaic it takes not gloss off what was an otherwise brilliant season. Thanks to you all for putting in such a huge effort, especially to Blewy who led us for the majority of the year, it's a shame you didn't have the time to finish the season as our leader.

With the CW Cup coming up we can't stop and rest just yet, as all the others will be out for our blood should we meet them, and as a team, we'll need to be at the top of our game to prove that we aren't just "one-season wonders".

I can either run the end of season awards now, or after the cup. I'd prefer to do it now, but it's up to you :)

Congratulations again, a well earned premiership :D

EAST COAST FURY 2006/2007 CW FOOTBALL PREMIERS