• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in CWLand Tour Thread

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Unfortunate boys, five run-outs in the match. Geez. Two stunning centuries overshadowed by a bad lower-order performance, comical running and some bad overs by the part-timers. Plunkett was on fire, and with Jones, they carried England home, all credit to them.

A nice calm message here to the XI...

PLEEEEEASE, PLEEEEEEEEAAAAASE win the next match! I couldn`t bare to watch the decider.

Loony BoB

Nnanden said:
Unfortunate boys, five run-outs in the match. Geez. Two stunning centuries overshadowed by a bad lower-order performance, comical running and some bad overs by the part-timers. Plunkett was on fire, and with Jones, they carried England home, all credit to them.

A nice calm message here to the XI...

PLEEEEEASE, PLEEEEEEEEAAAAASE win the next match! I couldn`t bare to watch the decider.
I wouldn't say the lower order performance was terrible - I don't know when the 2nd partnership ended, but the lower order only faced six overs between them, and the only logical thing to do in that position is score as many runs as quickly as possible. Getting out is something that happens when you do that. I am normally very quick to apologise for my bad performances but because of the incredible twin centuries, we simply didn't have the time to think about playing ourselves in!

Mr Mxyzptlk

England in CWLand
brought to you by Nibblets - "chewable breath mints of swell refreshment"

Verghese In For Markus
Veteran allrounder Reuben Verghese replaces the suspended Ian Markus as the only change the the CW XI lineup which has played the last 4 ODIs.

AP Chaulk (wk)
LA Camps
BJ Goff (C)
CR Butler
DP Towns
DA Kearsley
MJ Robbins
RG Verghese
NS Hoy
DJ Watt
KS Wright

SS: NS Pickup

England Unchanged

ME Trescothick
AJ Strauss
MP Vaughan (C)
KP Pietersen
PD Collingwood
A Flintoff
VS Solanki
GO Jones (wk)
AF Giles
SJ Harmison
JM Anderson

SS: LE Plunkett

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

England in CWLand
brought to you by Nibblets - "chewable breath mints of swell refreshment"

6th ODI : Cricket Web XI vs England

46.6 NS Hoy to KP Pietersen: He flicks that supremely past the diving Goff at midwicket, and that should be it. The ball will pull up short of the ropes, but it's enough to win the game. England have levelled the series! We'll head back to the CWBCC Stadium for the decider - it's 3-3.
Strauss and Tresco Demolish Weary Webheads
by Kwase Knight

Just not good enough. For the second game in the series, the Cricket Web bowling was cruelly exposed by Marcus Trescothick and Andrew Strauss, as they played themselves in with relative ease on a quick, bouncy wicket. The partnership produced 161 easy runs, and England cruised to a series-levelling win, by a 7-wicket margin.

The real damage was done earlier, however, when Andrew Flintoff's double strike contributed to the first CW top order failure of the series. At 121/5, young Daniel Towns was finally allowed a chance to bat himself in and make a mark in International cricket. He did just that, and scored a very impressive maiden ODI half-century.

Reuben Verghese and Marc Robbins also made quality contributions, but a score of 244 never looked good enough on the PDV wicket.

The England openers started ruthlessly, and tore into Dave Watt for 14 runs off his second over. The partnership advanced swiftly, and result seemed all but secured midway through the innings.

Disheartened, but not defeated, the Webheads move back to the best batting surface in CWLand, as they try to acknowledge the fact that the series truly is alive.

Attachments

Loony BoB

Gutted once more. :( Pleased to get some form before the final match, but I would rather we have won this match here and now and taken the series away before it was over. We're doing well, but I'm confident we could do a lot better.

Really lacking that penetration with the ball, and that extra bang with the bat. Were we not on super-aggressive mode in the last two overs? We seem to have got very little out of them. :(

Mr Mxyzptlk

Loony BoB said:
Really lacking that penetration with the ball, and that extra bang with the bat. Were we not on super-aggressive mode in the last two overs? We seem to have got very little out of them. :(
Both batsmen were set to maximum aggression.

ash chaulk

again not good enough.... not happy that i didnt take my oportunity to show the selectors i should open the batting...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Yeah england did well to bowl it really tight in the end.. top support from marc towards the bottom to atleast post a respectable total..

All down to the wire..

thewizard1o1

Another lack lustre bowling performance personally and team wise...we seem to be able to build a bit of pressure but can't quite get the break throughs needed for victory.

Time to put the Dennis Lillee face on for one last match...
:@

Go Webbers!

Last edited:

Mister Wright

A better bowling performance from myself, but still not enough. Disapointing end to an otherwise successful one day campaign for the team.

kears_falcon_9

Dissapointing boys. Weve let it slip and we now really need to nuckle down for this all important game. This series win would be great for all the webheads.

On my performance. Pretty bad although i finally had a chance to face more than 10 balls and not get out slogging. COm on boys.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Really confused by my complete loss of bowling form - especially after we'd worked on it at reds with a great tactic that worked to at least keep it tight.

Blewy

Well, not a good couple of games... We really need to lift for this decider...

Lets work hard over the next few days and come out firing...

kears_falcon_9

Hey Liam, on the schedule it says that the Black v Blue game is simmed on the 21st, as is the 7th ODI. So does that effictivly mean we will be available to play dev league for the matches on the 22nd?

Mr Mxyzptlk

The 7th ODI has been delayed until the 22nd, and there'll be a live sim at 10pm Sydney time (1pm UK time?) most likely.

Players will be released for club duty from the 23rd.