• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Briony

Yeah, would have given man of the match to Rogers. 230 is one of those targets which could be awkward but he was the cool head which made it a formality, much like in his first ton. Both he and Lyon's contributions ahead of Johnsons either way, personally.
Rogers did it in both innings and batting until today had seemed a bit difficult. Lyon got the wickets but some were given away on a platter by the meek and mild bats. Rogers had to grind away for his runs.

howardj

I agree - Rogers for mine.

The bowlers dominated in this Test, thus making Rogers' runs (made in both innings when the game was very much up for grabs) even more meritorious

andyc

Definitely Rogers for mine. Runs in the first knock and then scored the only hundred in the game in the fourth innings to ensure what was eventually a comfortable win.

Son Of Coco

Yep. I was complaining about Cook's captaincy during the back to back series against NZ, but it's hard to convince people when the England team were still winning (or at least not losing). Hopefully serious questions are asked after this embarrassing series.
It was mentioned in England during The Ashes too, and we were told funky field positions don't make a good captain. Those funky field positions have helped to strangle England here and are in stark contrast to England's cluelessness in setting a field to their own bowlers. Has been beautiful to watch.

Spikey

Jesse Hogan ‏@Jesse_Hogan
"In our bowling attack you need to have speed ... gone are days when you can bowl at 120-125km/h; you need to be at 140 if possible." (2of4)

AJ ‏@AJ9427 6m
@Jesse_Hogan probably just a jab at Shane Watson's efforts yesterday.

Hooksey

Banned
Rogers did it in both innings and batting until today had seemed a bit difficult. Lyon got the wickets but some were given away on a platter by the meek and mild bats. Rogers had to grind away for his runs.
Did you watch the cricket today?

Rogers made his 116 runs off 155 balls with 13 fours.

Hurricane

Last time they got white washed didn't they clean up the one dayers. Who was that gimp of a player who hit the winning runs in one match after an epic partnership with Paul Collingwood.

"We're both from the North. He's from the East, I'm from the West so we couldn't be more similar really". Yes you could if you were both from the east or vice versa.

theegyptian

I had a bet on Bairstow dropping more catches than Bresnan taking wickets. Didn't watch much of the game. How many did Bairstow drop?

flibbertyjibber

Glad I fell asleep and missed most of it. The drops were pathetic but as with Haddin at Lord's these things happen when the team are struggling.

Going to be 5-0, nothing can stop that now. Well played Australia, totally outplaying us.

theegyptian

Two that I was aware of
A push then. Gotta blame Rogers and Johnson for donating their wickets to Bresnan. Not a good sign for Bres that Stokes is getting the ball before him these days- especially as he hasn't contributed runs in this test. They would drop him if they weren't so worried about the Broad, Anderson, Panesar, Rankin potential tail. Not that they could do any worse than the one with Swann or Bresnan in it so far in the series.