• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Group A Discussion

social

Australia is clearly going for the 50 over win now. If Johnson was still there, I think they would have a quarter of a chance, 83 runs with two wickets is probably just too much. It could be quite intriguing though while Voges is still there.
Just how is Oz going for the 50 over win?

This was clearly all or nothing - so much so that KulasekI'macompletehack has 3 wickets whilst Malinga is going at 7 per over

Stapel

Australia is clearly going for the 50 over win now. If Johnson was still there, I think they would have a quarter of a chance, 83 runs with two wickets is probably just too much. It could be quite intriguing though while Voges is still there.
There is no form of pressure whatsoever, from an Australian point of view. That might change things a bit, I guess.

BeeGee

This was clearly all or nothing - so much so that KulasekI'macompletehack has 3 wickets whilst Malinga is going at 7 per over
Ever since Johnson's wicket they've been going for the 50 over win.

Stapel

Imagine this scenario: scores level with one wicket in hand. SL appeal for LBW; batsmen take leg bye; umpires gives it out; appears dodgy; Aus do have a review; don't use it as they can't be arsed; SL go through.......

greg

Ever since Johnson's wicket they've been going for the 50 over win.
All they've got to do is bat sensibly. Sri Lanka need to get their thinking sorted PDQ and start setting test match fields and bowl test match lengths. They're not going to win this without bowling Aus out, and Aus don't need to take any risks with this field.

Last edited:

greg

Hadn't considered the possibility that Australian cricketers don't even seem to have any sense of personal pride any more.

Maximas

Australia were clearly beyond caring that whole time, Voges wouldn't have played a shot like that if he really wanted to score at 3 an over for the rest of the game.

Dissector

Do you not understand the word "now"? I meant they were going for the 50 over win after Johnson got out.

Dissector

Malinga has been pretty terrible today. Doesn't even look like getting the last pair out. Did bowl a good delivery to get Maxwell though.

BeeGee

Australia were clearly beyond caring that whole time, Voges wouldn't have played a shot like that if he really wanted to score at 3 an over for the rest of the game.
Or he wanted to get the runs quickly because he didn't have much faith in his partner sticking around.

Maximas

Or he wanted to get the runs quickly because he didn't have much faith in his partner sticking around.
Mckay was doing well, so I doubt it, but maybe, I can't imagine there was any motivation to win by that stage, which was reflected in the shot IMO.

Stapel

Voges just figured he could get his fifty with a six. That's it really.

I know..., not going to happen.

BeeGee

Both Doherty and McKay have first class fifties to their names....... Who knows....

I know..., not going to happen.
Stranger things have happened, but a 60 run partnership for the tenth wicket in an ODI? Very unlikely.

Would be fun it it did, though.