• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Woodster

Wagner ends up burgling four! Great all round effort from the NZ attack putting them in such a strong position now as they appear to be batting again and building on the already massive 301 run lead.

Flem274*

123/5
failing us being shout out for under 100 we're looking good

i still don't trust nz batting not to do that ftr, even at home. hopefully 200/3 or so is what happens.

NasserFan207

failing us being shout out for under 100 we're looking good

i still don't trust nz batting not to do that ftr, even at home. hopefully 200/3 or so is what happens.
Eh, NZ batting is still 10x more reliable than Indian bowling right now.

NZ can't lose this game. Its either their win or a rain induced draw.

Woodster

Think I'd have gone with enforcing the follow-on. I know Southee's got through 19 overs and Boult 17, but Wagner, Sodhi and Anderson only bowled 22 between them. It's still only the morning session and I'm sure with them all bowling well they would find the gas in the tank to burst India's hopes in the second innings today. The way India batted here with such scrambled brains and questionable methods I'd have looked to get right back into them and keep them under real pressure.

Flem274*

123/5
Yes or No: Would soft second innings runs for Rutherford be a good thing?
players doing well > players not doing well

im pretty happy for rudds and fulton to cement their spots and have promising guys like latham in the wings. i don't think that's how it will pan out though.

hendrix

Happily tasting on Wagner. His pace was up and he bowled some excellent deliveries.

Southee was just superb.

wellAlbidarned

Think I'd have gone with enforcing the follow-on. I know Southee's got through 19 overs and Boult 17, but Wagner, Sodhi and Anderson only bowled 22 between them. It's still only the morning session and I'm sure with them all bowling well they would find the gas in the tank to burst India's hopes in the second innings today. The way India batted here with such scrambled brains and questionable methods I'd have looked to get right back into them and keep them under real pressure.
We rely so much on Southee and Boult that injury for either of them would be utter disaster which probably factored into the decision to bat again. Considering there's so much time left in the test I'm happy to play it safe to protect those two.

straw man

Yes or No: Would soft second innings runs for Rutherford be a good thing?
players doing well > players not doing well

im pretty happy for rudds and fulton to cement their spots and have promising guys like latham in the wings. i don't think that's how it will pan out though.
Any runs from our openers, in any situation, is a good thing.
Well that was a worthwhile discussion....

Thing is if we win this test he won't be dropped anyway under the 'never change a winning team' clause.

Days of Grace

Don't mind batting again. 74 overs left today so we can get them back in tonight.

12 overs at them tonight. 6 each for Southee and Boult. And then continue tomorrow.

Only thing is India will be predestrian in their over-rate.

Great stuff from Wagner this morning. Very heatening.

Latham in next match pls.