• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

Mr Miyagi

Banned
My post was very clearly referring to what John said, I don't understand why Miyagi has to keep bringing Butler up.
Because GIlly and Buttler are or were great wicket keeper batsmen and set the benchmark for great odi wicket keeper batsmen.

It is comparative no?

Shri

MS Dhoni since 1 Jan 2013

Batting records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPNcricinfo

Ave 49 at SR 87.8

Jos Buttler 41 at 117.20

But hey - 8 runs in 5 overs seems legit at Dhoni's pace today ;)

Shri - this is like mythbusters. Go change the tyre on your scooter kid. It is flat. Like your argument.

I'm not drunk to think this. I'm not a kid to think this. Many of us do. We're not all kids. We're not all drunks. We have our opinions, and they differ to yours.
So you don't like it when you are called a kid. Great to know kid.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Literally not relevant at all to the point I was making with my sarcastic take on John's post.
Well deal with as a segue, the subject is now wicket keeper batsmen who set benchmarks or weighted against. Buttler, Gilly and Dhoni all relevant.

Shri

MS Dhoni since 1 Jan 2013

Ave 49 at SR 87.8

Jos Buttler 41 at 117.20

But hey - 8 runs in 5 overs seems legit at Dhoni's pace today ;)

Shri - this is like mythbusters. Go change the tyre on your scooter kid. It is flat. Like your argument.

I'm not drunk to think this. I'm not a kid to think this. Many of us do. We're not all kids. We're not all drunks. We have our opinions, and they differ to yours.
Oh ffs, you haven't accounted for the recent two new balls rule, the changes in powerplay rules and the comparative strike rates for the majority of Dhoni's career. Buttler's best is being compared to Dhoni's worst, of course he looks better. Do you have anymore clearly genius comparisons to make? No? Good. Do shut up dear.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Oh ffs, you haven't accounted for the recent two new balls rule, the changes in powerplay rules and the comparative strike rates for the majority of Dhoni's career. Buttler's best is being compared to Dhoni's worst, of course he looks better. Do you have anymore clearly genius comparisons to make? No? Good. Do shut up dear.
Blah blah blah - he's beaten him for 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 straight in SR.

How many more years do you want under the SAME RULES?!

And seriously lol @ majority, even if slight, - It is half his career give or take already.

Last edited:

zorax

likes this
Well deal with as a segue, the subject is now wicket keeper batsmen. Buttler, Gilly and Dhoni all relevant.
Create another thread for it and I'll post there, if I'm inclined to do so

Stop stinking up every thread with these grudges you can't let go of.

zorax

likes this
Why is Miyagi making this thread dire, he doesn't even care about England or India, he just wants to keep debating that Butler is better than MSD. That's literally been his agenda the entire thread. That an pushing for Krubal Pandya to be in the squad.

We get it. Just stop.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Why is Miyagi making this thread dire, he doesn't even care about England or India, he just wants to keep debating that Butler is better than MSD. That's literally been his agenda the entire thread. That an pushing for Krubal Pandya to be in the squad.

We get it. Just stop.
Don't care about England?

I have a British passport!

Of course I care about England.

But whether I do or don't doesn't even matter.

I care about cricket.

I love cricket.

If you cannot handle a debate about cricketers without bringing up citizenship or presuming who someone cares about, then you have some issues.

OverratedSanity

So where do you put the weight?

How do you factor the weight?

And will you insult everyone who comes out favouring Buttler?
Where did I insult you.

You keep making a point no one is arguing against. For the last time, everyone acknowledges Dhoni has been worse than Buttler for a few years now.

We were calling John's assertion that Dhoni has been bad since 2005 ridiculous and rightly so. But you managed to "segue" that into your strawman again.

TheJediBrah

I don't mind being called a drunk. I don't mind being called a kid.

If you want to veer off into ad hominem instead of debating the facts, that's your call.
Hmm because you're so interested in debating the facts. At least until someone calls you out for stating something dumb and wrong as a fact then it's all "please don't swear at me" and "I just want to talk cricket stop ad hominems". You don't realise how transparent you are.

Shri

Let me explain this like you are five.

He debuted in 2004. Was on top until 2012. Count with me kid. That's 8 years.

How many years?

Thats right kiddo. Good job!

Eight years.

Now is 8 greater than 5? What's that kid? Are you saying no?

Go back to primary school you ****ing jackass.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Hmm because you're so interested in debating the facts. At least until someone calls you out for stating something dumb and wrong as a fact then it's all "please don't swear at me" and "I just want to talk cricket stop ad hominems". You don't realise how transparent you are.
Look I get you like the last word, but if you won't discuss the details, people may as well google "TheJediBrah" and just read your bodybuilding posts.

OverratedSanity

How many years?

Eight years.

Including 2004 and 2012 it's actually 9 years. ffs Shri.

Mr Miyagi

Banned

How many years?

Eight years.

So until 2012.

That's 8 years.

But really to count 2004 is a joke seeing he averaged 9.5.

Then there's 2007 with Gilly's WC final - but hey lets count it.

So Buttler arrives in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 - well that's 7 years already.

So let me explain this like you are five.

Who's were better?

So stop calling me kiddo. Stop calling me jackass, and deal with some facts.

I prefer Buttler.

That doesn't make me drunk. That doesn't make me a kiddo. That doesn't make me anything but a person who prefers Buttler.

Deal with it.