• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Niall

Roode vs. Orton vs. Mahal vs. Ziggler
Don't put that evil on me etc gif.

Imagine the "promos":-O:laugh:

That's a match that I wouldn't wish on the most fanatical ISIS supporter.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
RoH 16th Anniversary show was really great.

Also, rewatching the Sydney NJPW show, say what you want about the cringe but that was phenomenal heat for Cody.

Niall

Snickers are the best.

Whatever Vince was thinking that in these times that he could get away with such silliness, **** knows.

Mike5181

Still on track for Wrestle Kingdom next January. If all things go well flights should be booked in the next week or two. Got my brother-in-law and my sister roped into this trip, but should be pretty dope. Educating them them on not only wrestlers like Naito and their backstory but wrestling in general has the potential to be cringe-worthy, but rewarding if WK turns out to be really good.

Last edited:

Dan

Global Moderator
The other half wants to go to Japan, work will likely have an office shutdown that crosses over January 4th...

...butI wouldn't be able to convince her tbh.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I've considered it but it's just not possible for me at this time, not a great time of year to be away.

Wonder who Tanahashi is gonna challenge when he quite obviously wins the Cup.

Spikey

new japan cup has been very good considering the people not competing

i was always of the view that (x) would win the new japan cup and lose to Okada and Tana would challenge to prevent Okada breaking the record. but tana making the final and having not resolved the Suzuki thing yet has got me a bit confused. ZSJ winning the cup, losing the match to Okada, and then Tana, as loser of the final, coming out and challenging doesn't really make sense.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
new japan cup has been very good considering the people not competing

i was always of the view that (x) would win the new japan cup and lose to Okada and Tana would challenge to prevent Okada breaking the record. but tana making the final and having not resolved the Suzuki thing yet has got me a bit confused. ZSJ winning the cup, losing the match to Okada, and then Tana, as loser of the final, coming out and challenging doesn't really make sense.
Ye it's a bit strange I agree. Makes more sense for Tanahashi to win. Maybe he goes after Suzuki instead to resolve that, then Okada challenges Tana himself later on for the record breaker?

Agent TBY

Tanahashi wins and challenges Okada because he doesn't want to wait until his record's about to be broken. He wants to beat Okada before he even equals it to prove that he's always been one step above.

FWIW, after beating Juice he said he wants to stand atop the NJPW mountain once again.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I didn't really understand the booking of the New Japan cup last year either tbf. Suzuki lost first round when he was still pretty freshly got back on the scene, Fale got to the last round. Shibata a more obvious opponent than what we have now but still. New Japan cup isn't my favourite NJPW time of year.

Agent TBY

Taichi on commentary during Okada's introduction. :laugh:

Code:
The hell is he doing? Seriously, what the **** is he doing?

[i]It seems Taichi has a problem with the Rainmaker as well. What is it that you don't like about him?[/i]

Not him, Gedo.

[I]Oh, Gedo? I think you've mentioned before that you hate him?[/I]

Damn right I do. He's nothing but a piece of ****.

I mean, look at his name. It's Gedo.

[I]Well, yes, it's Gedo. It does mean scumbag.[/I]

And he calls [i]himself[/i] that. He's letting the world know.

[i]But Milano, Gedo hates Taichi too, doesn't he?[/i]

[i]A lot.[/i]

You fools, don't make me repeat myself. I hate him way more than he could ever hate me.

[i]They seem to be competing over who hates the other more...[/i]

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Went to WSW last night, sat ringside. Surprisingly, the best match on the card didn't involve any of the Young Bucks, Marty Scurll, Austin Aries or the Briscoe's, but instead was between Matt Riddle and Slex. Had a good time but boy there are some ****in' cringey wrestling fans out there.