• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterblaster

They'll certainly get bigger and better that's for sure. I have a feeling that Billy Gunn and Gail Kim will be huge for them. Gail because she's acrobatic and Billy Gunn because they all love him down south.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That's of course if all these internet reports are false. Because if they are true, NWA TNA is done.

There's always ROH. Thank God for that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol, I wish I got it live. I download all the stuff. ROH's great. When I saw the ROH signs on Raw a couple of weeks ago it brought a smile to my face.

Paul London, AJ Styles, American Dragon, Christopher Daniels. Awesome stuff.

masterblaster

I'm as much excited by good wrestling as I am seeing a top quality, 'polished' show with brilliant production values.

Production Values = Top quality pyro, effects, music, camera angles, commentary, facilities etc.

All in All, Production Values = WWE.

As much as wrestling is important to me, quality production values are just as important to me, and that's something the Indy's or even NWA TNA doesn't have. WCW and ECW didn't have it either.

masterblaster

Also there was this huge 'controversy' surrounding ROH with their boss or someone in charge, it was all over the internet, but I never clicked on it, so I don't know what the 'controversy' was.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
masterblaster said:
I'm as much excited by good wrestling as I am seeing a top quality, 'polished' show with brilliant production values.

Production Values = Top quality pyro, effects, music, camera angles, commentary, facilities etc.

All in All, Production Values = WWE.

As much as wrestling is important to me, quality production values are just as important to me, and that's something the Indy's or even NWA TNA doesn't have. WCW and ECW didn't have it either.
Yeah that's a fair comment. I just think (and its an economic fact) that competition increases quality of product. So if NWA TNA was able to take off and provide the WWE with competition (which seems unlikely now :() it would pressure on the WWE to increase the quality of storylines, angles, matches, PPVs, shows and their overall product. Just like the nWo angle in WCW forced the WWE to in 1996-1998.

Sudeep

nikhil1772 said:
I guess only Sudeep here in this forum lives in India so I want some info abt TNA fom u Sudeep...
I know Star World airs TNA but I never get to watch it except for once a fortnight coz of timing problems...I have no idea which episode when actually took place and I guess they show one PPV in two parts on Fri and Sat...I could know if I'd have got to watch it regularly...I really enjoy it
It airs on Fridays and Saturdays on Star World at 8 pm. They divide the two-hour show in halves, and show it from 8-9. I think we're a good couple of months behind on it, since TNA Impact stated airing just about a month of so back.

I haven't really watched it with much interest, just here and there stuff. It seems decent, but it's difficult to take time off my busy schedule to follow it regularly :p.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Regarding Triple H and Benoit, I share your sentiments Jono. Benoit is the best wrestler I have seen for not only the fact that he is a superb technical wrestler but because he can put any one over against whom he wrestles.

Triple H started his own demise with the angle vs Test IMO. Test was pretty damn good till that point of time. With Stephanie ditching test in the story line, Test ( a promising wrestler till that time) was buried forever.

The WWE missed a generation like the Austin/Rock/Triple H generation.

Benoit, Brock, Angle, RVD, Jericho, Guerrero should have ruled for the last 2-3 years. Booker T was buried like Benoit very soon after he came to the company. It was to Booker's credit that he found some legitimacy.

Benoit is booked so stupidly show after show in doubles matches and it is to his credit that he can still keep his own.

Benoit should have been champion for a longer time...........................................

The triple threat at WM 20 ruled but Michaels should have won the title before that and lost it to Benoit at WM XX and feuded for it for some time.

A unification of the titles and shows with Benoit facing Guerrero would have been legendary.

Bradshaw has turned out into a good heel but he didnt deserve it.

masterblaster

Pratyush said:
Triple H started his own demise with the angle vs Test IMO.
I totally disagree with that. The angle with Stephanie is the one that made people sit up and take notice. After 'marrying' Stephanie and forming the McMahon-Helsmley duo, Triple H got more 'over' as a heel then anybody I've ever seen.

From a rich Greenwich 'Elitist' and then this fun loving punk in DX he turned in to the bearded, jeans wearing, sledgehammer weilding psychopath that made life for every WWE Superstar and Official absolute hell.

He abused the tons of power he got after marrying Stephanie. On top of that he was running over people in car's, breaking commentator's arms, running absolutely wild.

On top of that, he had classic match, after classic match during this period. With Cactus Jack in 2000, with The Rock in 2000, with Stone Cold Steve Austin during 2001, with Undertaker in 2001, every match this guy had after the Test storyline was pure gold and was probably the most entertaining and emotional period of the WWE I can remember.

Now in this period, the WWE were on absolute fire and on top, decimating WCW. Triple H, The Rock and Steve Austin had a LOT to do with this.

Before this, Triple H was just lying around in the mid-card not achieving much. To his credit he completely re-transformed his character and here you say that his so called demise was the Test angle.

Absolutely not, that angle was one of his many high spots.

His so called 'demise' (if you'd like to call it that) was his title reign in 2003, and the fact that Vince had Triple H's character change from a bearded, cerebral psychopath into a 'Ric Flair Clone' (wearing suits, drinking wine, styling and profiling etc.)

But I believe he's coming back near the top of his game in terms of microphone/entertaining ability and wrestling ability.

Last edited:

masterblaster

Jono said:
Yeah that's a fair comment. I just think (and its an economic fact) that competition increases quality of product. So if NWA TNA was able to take off and provide the WWE with competition (which seems unlikely now :() it would pressure on the WWE to increase the quality of storylines, angles, matches, PPVs, shows and their overall product. Just like the nWo angle in WCW forced the WWE to in 1996-1998.
I've been a huge WWF/WWE since I can remember, I never appreciated WCW or ECW and even during WWE's down period I still remember watching Raw instead of Nitro.

I'm just hoping, just hoping some legitimate competition comes in, since I'm extremely biased towards WWE, I'm craving for NWA TNA to step up in order to make the WWE a better product then it is.

First move I'd make if I was Vince, get rid of Tough Enough and fire all the Diva Search Losers.

The Reality TV Craze is OVER. We don't need poor reality tv concepts in Wrestling.

Fire some of the dead weight as well. Get rid of Mark Henry, Chris Nowinski, Heidenreich (although I doubt this very much), Tyson Tomko and any other useless big guy.

Also, I hate this brand extension thing, but the WWE aren't going to get rid of it I'm afraid.

Have they ever just sat down and thought, that all these ratings problems started once the Brand Extension started?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
masterblaster said:
I totally disagree with that. The angle with Stephanie is the one that made people sit up and take notice. After 'marrying' Stephanie and forming the McMahon-Helsmley duo, Triple H got more 'over' as a heel then anybody I've ever seen.

But I believe he's coming back near the top of his game in terms of microphone/entertaining ability and wrestling ability.
When a heel or a face gains overness by totally destroying a talent, I lose all the respect I have for that wrestler. If its the other way round that despite bad bookings, a wrestler rises, he gains a lot in respect from me.

A heel can rise in levels without burying talent. Carlito is a good recent example IMO.

When Triple H was emerging, he was a good mid card talent like Rock and Austin. He was set to destroy Jake Roberts in the KOR final which I still think was wrong. He got injured and Austin got his spot in the tournament. Jake Roberts was destroyed and Austin 3:16 was born. It wasnt a huge burial as Roberts was old and his career was more or less over.

Test on the other hand was promising. Not like the Test we know today. He kissed Stephanie in the ring, was a face with considerable crowd support and should not have been buried the way he was to put Triple H over.

I am sure Triple H would have found some other way to get up the card. He totally belonged in the Rock/Austin/Triple H era as I even mentioned. No one would have denied him that.

But by his demise I mean the loss of respect I had till then for Triple H the man. He had Stephanie by then. Didnt mean a young talent should have been destroyed. Thats the way Triple H would pan his career, destroying talent after talent from RVD to Jericho.

When Triple H made his come back and destroyed Jericho, the question is, did he need the heavy weight battle again? Austin chose to remain away from the top notch fight after he made his return. The period at the TOP for a wrestler is 3 years, a maximum of 5.

You say triple h is getting his groove back..

Right now he should be feuding with the likes of Shelton Benjamin/Eugene and putting them over BIG TIME. A small loss means some thing for their careers but it also means some deserving wrestlers are not holding the heavy weight title right now.

Triple H should have been totally out of the heavy weight picture by now. Then I would have respected the man maybe.

masterblaster

Wait until Randy Orton gets the Heavyweight Title at WM21, then you'll get your wish of Triple H stepping out of the spotlight.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
masterblaster said:
Wait until Randy Orton gets the Heavyweight Title at WM21, then you'll get your wish of Triple H stepping out of the spotlight.
I thought Benoit lost his belt much faster and Orton was thrown into the sptlight very quickly. Triple H should already have been out of the equation. Contrary to what most people believe, Orton winning the title vs the game at WM XXI was not the only way Orton couldnt have been put over.

Triple H does not HAVE to be in the middle of every thing.

masterblaster

Your right, he doesn't need to be in the middle of everything, but think of it in a booking standpoint......

Young Evolution Punk Kid vs Head of Evolution,

Apprentice vs Master

Randy Orton vs Triple H

makes sense to me. Although Orton should've been the heel in this one, and I agree fully with Rick Scaia and his booking strategies at OnlineOnslaught.com

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pratyush I love you. :D

I'll be back later to join the discussion with you guys. I'm just glad it's not the whole population of India vs. Me :p

masterblaster

Okay, I guess its down to this:

Pro Triple H = Sudeep, Nikhil, Myself
Anti Triple H = Jono (sort of), Pratyush, KennyD (sort of)

I couldn't care less about politics when I'm always being entertained by Triple H, and I seriously doubt Triple H would purposely try to hurt the WWE, since he's got such a big stake in it now as he's married to Stephanie McMahon and also part of Wrestling's biggest empire.

He'd only want to make the WWE a stronger place, in my view.

Anyways, what do you guys make of Raw this week,

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW*

What's going to happen in the battle royal this Monday, any tips from either one of you guys?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
SPOILERS BELOW!!!

I have to admit, the writers of Raw actually have me interested. OMG can you believe it? This is what I expected to happen.

1st Raw after Survivor Series: Maven vs. Trips - Trips wins
2nd Raw after Survivor Series: Benoit vs. Trips - Trips wins
3rd Raw after Survivor Series: Jericho vs. Trips - Trips wins

And I had no idea what Orton would do with him in control. I expected he'd challenge someone to get his shot back at Triple H again or something. However, the incident last week on Raw with Triple H cheating his way out of a title shot with Benoit was absolute GOLD! Plus it allowed Edge to be in the main event, which is sweet. I like what they're doing with Edge's storyline. Great stuff.

Regarding the battle royal, I have no idea what's going to happen. No way in hell Triple H is losing, I just don't see the Raw booking team doing that (though it would be ratings, imagine the shock value of that!). Anyway, I will be turning Raw on eagerly awaiting what is to happen.

On to SD. MB what do you think of the Armageddon main event. Do you think they'll have JBL retain all the way to WM XX, or will the WWE realise that despite JBL being a hilarious heel, his drawing value is not enough?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Also, I have something for you guys to do. How about booking YOUR OWN Wrestlemania 21 card. What you would like to happen from here. I'll show you mine in a second, I gotta go get it off another board.

masterblaster

POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW

Armageddon's shaping up quite nicely, although I think this is it, officially for JBL's title reign.

Booker T is back home, 'I think', he deserves his shot, I think we just might see Booker get the WWE Title for the very first time.

Also Kurt Angle has been apparently 'Triple H'ing' ;) ;) backstage lobbying for a high profile feud with The Undertaker for the WWE Title.

Kurt Angle is the perfect WWE Champion for SmackDown and the best one that they have, so with Undertaker's limited schedule, Undertaker could win the WWE Title at Armageddon only to give it to Kurt later on.

All in All, for me JBL's WWE Title Reign is over and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.