• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* WCL - Global Div 2, UAE 2011

Top 4 Teams To Qualify? (Pls Select Min & Max of 4)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Good enough total to defend for Uganda today :) Seamers got early wickets and the batting spinners choked them. Part-time medium pacer Roger Mukasa, who kept wicket in the World Cup qualifying 2009, got to clean up the slog and ended with 4/21.

UAE squeaked home by 19 runs to go to 3-0, despite another good innings by high school boy Chapman, the only HK player to average more than 26 with the bat. Namibia 2-1 and the other four teams on 1-2 fight to avoid the drop.
Will be interesting to see Chapman's development - looked pretty compact and technically sound from what I saw of him in the U19 World Cup last year as a fifteen-year-old kid, and he's still only 16 and now arguably HK's best batsman. I would imagine it will be University in England as his next step...

Actually, I note he is a student at Kings in Christchurch, so maybe NZ will get him!

Last edited:

juro

Wow! What a finish to the tournament! Every game was in the balance with about 10 overs to go. And the results of each game would have an impact on relegation and promotion. I was just sitting there on cricinfo watching the scores tick over. This is why I love WCL.

Congrats on PNG and HK coping with the higher level of competition. It will be interesting to see how they develop with the help of the HPP...

turnstyle

I wish it was UAE going down. They're no better than Canada when it comes to playing expats from the sub continent. At least Namibia are completely home grown.

jashan83

I wish it was UAE going down. They're no better than Canada when it comes to playing expats from the sub continent. At least Namibia are completely home grown.
I totally agree with you. UAE is even worse than canda because in Canada those players atleast become the citizens of that nation and passport holders, but in UAE even that is not possible. If Canada wants to field a team for Olympics (Where you need passport holders) then they can but UAE could not even do that for Olympics. They did not have 15 Passport Holder players and had to leave the Asian Games

turnstyle

I wouldn't be so harsh if at least 60% were from the Emirates or at least had a half decent u/19s. It's not like they can complain about facilities.

TBF Norway are just as bad.