• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Peaking at the right time

GirtBySea

Australia- Well if we go just before the WC, they are in peaking mode. Loss to NZ was an abnormal, abysmal performance with the bat.
New Zealand- Again, rated and in awesome form. Looks their strongest lineup in my lifetime. Have they peaked? Can they go on with it?
South Africa- Massive difference between their W-Ls whenever they bat. Improvement left in them I feel.
India- Peaking after an ordinary tri-series in Australia.
Sri Lanka- Losses to NZ and Australia, two favourites. Looked very good otherwise. Not peaked yet as they can obviously win it at their best.
Pakistan- 1992 repeat but not favoured for this WC. Can they pull off a shock and do it again?
Bangladesh- Nobody thought they would make it to the next round. Have done for the first time. Think they are peaking.
England- Nope. Obviously not.
Ireland- Can still make it to the next round. Again. Feel they are on their peak.
West Indies- Have it all to do to make it to the next stage. Have not peaked.

Burgey

Will be having Peking Duck pancakes for dinner tonight, which seems the right time to me.

ankitj

Peaking is one of those superficial concepts that make perfect sense in hindsight. Is it any good at predicting results of future games? I don't think so.

Jimbo the giant

Yeah SL are very much still in this. Sangakkara is in godly form and Malinga is beginning to look on target. With the quality of the rest of their top (including Dilshan and Mathews ability to bowl) they could easily get over any team on their day.

I mean they did beat NZ 1 third of the time in the series before the WC, and in all honesty they looked significantly worse then.
How were they worse really? and significantly no way.

Their bowling is no better actually the best it has looked was in the dead rubber that nz didn't turn up in. Batting wise the big 3 are still scoring all of their runs.

Contra

Malinga looks to be getting better, but otherwise yeah SL have real problems, they need Rangana at his best. Kulasekera has been a bit disappointing considering 2 new balls suits him a lot, still remember that game against Aus where he was ripped it.

jonbrooks

This is my concern about NZ. Aside from the close game against Australia we haven't really been tested. With the quarters approaching all we need is one slip and we're gone.

jonbrooks

Malinga looks to be getting better, but otherwise yeah SL have real problems, they need Rangana at his best. Kulasekera has been a bit disappointing considering 2 new balls suits him a lot, still remember that game against Aus where he was ripped it.
Malinga is starting to look damn dangerous. I still think SL is making the mistake of opening with him. They should keep him for the death overs only.