• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

People more despicable than Owen Jones

Niall

Okay, I thought you were saying that had triggered me to post the thread. I apologise for the inference.

Still, Owen Jones' calls to action for people to kettle Theresa May, his calls for riots etc, are worse than someone giving misinformation and then correcting it. IMHO.
I have not followed him as closely as I used to last few months, but from what I seen of him previously he was ok. I liked his interviews with various people he did for the guardian, and he always came across as pretty fair to the likes of JRM, Carswell and others who would have zero in common with him politically.

There is much worse in the hard left than him at the moment surely?

Last edited:

straw man

There should be a statue of Owen Jones on every street corner in the whole world and anyone who tries to remove said statues is a Stalinist, freedom hater and a 'you're the real racist'.

Scaly piscine

Yeah he's despicable, look at this story made up about him by a right-wing toe-rag today.

So can see why you'd slag him off today and not the appalling Tory lick-spittle Paul Staines. i.e Guido.
Yea someone writing an inaccurate article about him and correcting it, terrible. Totally makes Owen Jones not a complete tosser.

DanJamson

Banned
He is terrible. His car crash interview concerning the Florida nightclub shootings should have ended his broadcast career.

He is part of what Maajid Nawaz calls the 'regressive left'.

Spark

Global Moderator
He is terrible. His car crash interview concerning the Florida nightclub shootings should have ended his broadcast career.

He is part of what Maajid Nawaz calls the 'regressive left'.
What exactly was wrong about his interview after Orlando?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah it was a total flounce.

IIRC he wasn't wrong to be annoyed, but to storm off the set in a tantrum was not a great way to enhance his credibility as a supposedly credible journalist/media personality/whatever he is meant to be.

He's a bit like Russel Brand or Grecian. One of these people who pushes people away from the cause they so passionately endorse by representing it so poorly.

DanJamson

Banned
What exactly was wrong about his interview after Orlando?
Hi instantly blamed it on homophobia rather than admit it was part of Islamic fundamentalism as the nightclub was predominantly frequented by the LGBT community. As it turns out, the terrorist chose that location as he was homosexual and went there regularly and therefore knew the security and layout. Had nothing to do with a a planned attack on homosexuals.

Spark

Global Moderator
Where he stormed off the Sky News set?

It was terrible.
Yeah it was a total flounce.

IIRC he wasn't wrong to be annoyed, but to storm off the set in a tantrum was not a great way to enhance his credibility as a supposedly credible journalist/media personality/whatever he is meant to be.

He's a bit like Russel Brand or Grecian. One of these people who pushes people away from the cause they so passionately endorse by representing it so poorly.
Yeah this I can understand, but I posted that because I was suspecting it would be more...

Hi instantly blamed it on homophobia rather than admit it was part of Islamic fundamentalism as the nightclub was predominantly frequented by the LGBT community. As it turns out, the terrorist chose that location as he was homosexual and went there regularly and therefore knew the security and layout. Had nothing to do with a a planned attack on homosexuals.

Which is just offensively awful. There is absolutely no evidence that Mateen was openly gay and went there "regularly" beyond a quickly and repeatedly debunked tabloid rumour. To suggest that the fact it was an LGBT nightclub was irrelevant is as twisted as pretending it had nothing to do with ISIS (whose homophobia is not news).

But, I mean, maybe I shouldn't be surprised given that you are unironically using "homosexuals" as a noun still, in these days.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
https://youtu.be/2dxI3OmiEHs

Anyone notice how when someone he's debating is making articulate and valid points, Jones displays this big grin as though they're wrong?

What about Sweden?
- well living standards are lower than they were
What about Sweden?!!!!
- about the same GDP as us but it was much higher
What about Sweden?!!!!!!!
I could play this silly game Owen, how about Singapore
- WHAT ABOUT SWEDEN!!!!!!!
Hong Kong
- SWEEEDDDDEEEEENNNNNNNNNNN

He's a lightweight

Last edited: