• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

People who get a lot of unfair abuse

thierry henry

Yeah but I still don't get why this **** applies to Bieber but not Katy Perry/Lady Gaga/Rihanna et al. ffs, you wanna hear a pretentious moron who thinks what she has to say is important, try Lady ****ing Gaga.

Somehow everyone finds it easier to ridicule child pop stars, surely it's a lot worse for ADULTS to be making lowest common denominator pop music, mass-marketing to kids, corrupting the youth etc

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't hate anyone in pop music except he guy in One Direction who doesn't keep his hand still ever. He should be shot. The rest? They're making music that people enjoy, so what?

Howe_zat

Just realised: I don't think I've ever actually heard a Beiber song. I only know who he is because the internet likes to make fun of him.

Spikey

pretty much every non-evil person gets way more abuse than they deserve

except for jono

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Just realised: I don't think I've ever actually heard a Beiber song. I only know who he is because the internet likes to make fun of him.
I hadn't either until I went to have dinner at a friend's house and there was music playing in the background. Thought it was perfectly unoffensive background listening, wouldn't listen to it myself out of choice, but it wasn't horrible. Only found out later that it was Beiber, and wondered what all the fuss was about.

Son Of Coco

Yeah but I still don't get why this **** applies to Bieber but not Katy Perry/Lady Gaga/Rihanna et al. ffs, you wanna hear a pretentious moron who thinks what she has to say is important, try Lady ****ing Gaga.

Somehow everyone finds it easier to ridicule child pop stars, surely it's a lot worse for ADULTS to be making lowest common denominator pop music, mass-marketing to kids, corrupting the youth etc
As far as I'm concerned it applies to everyone you've mentioned. Bieber probably stands out because of his age, and when he dishes out his thoughts out anything he sounds like a self-important little turd. They all sound ridiculous when they think their opinion holds any water in the real world though, they have no idea. It happens when you're told you're really important by people in the industry making money off you and you start to believe your **** doesn't stink.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
As far as I'm concerned it applies to everyone you've mentioned. Bieber probably stands out because of his age, and when he dishes out his thoughts out anything he sounds like a self-important little turd. They all sound ridiculous when they think their opinion holds any water in the real world though, they have no idea. It happens when you're told you're really important by people in the industry making money off you and you start to believe your **** doesn't stink.
tbf his opinion probably means more to more people than yours, whether or not it's particularly thought out or knowledgeable.

cpr

Lol, people are so patronising to kids. Imagine trying to tell anyone else they only like the music they like because of "mass marketing".
I'm a music snob, I'll happily patronise anyone with anything I deem to be **** taste.

Seem to recall the Beatles receiving similar such screams for simply stepping off an aeroplane...or bus...or boat. But whatevs, mass fandom is ghey
Yeah, that was ****ing stupid too.

Have the same disdain for all of them (though TBH, I've never really seen Katy Perry imposed as much as the rest, and never heard her sound off about stuff either).

Listening to pop stars comment about world affairs is just as painful as that time Gordon Brown was asked about music. Stick to what you're good at folks (Gordon, the bins need putting out love)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I was dancing with the wee one in the living room to whatever pap MTV put out, which is funny (she's hilarious when she dances) and it also helps tire her out.

That's my excuse for being exposed to Justin Bieber videos anyway.

Son Of Coco

tbf his opinion probably means more to more people than yours, whether or not it's particularly thought out or knowledgeable.
It probably does, but I don't believe being famous is a particularly good criteria to judge an opinion by. See Paris Hilton for more information.

And if my opinion was held in a similar regard by Justin's demographic as his in then I'd also be considered either a paedophile or a cult leader.

Last edited: