• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pet Hates

Steulen

So what are your pet hates, the little annoyances you love to hate with all the hatred you can muster deep inside your hateful self, and why?

Mine are Wedges & Charity Missies.

Wedges, or:

are the bane of shoe fetishists everywhere. If you need to be taller get some high heels, 'mkay???

And Charity Missies may be typically Dutch, I don't know. It's upper class women in their 20's or 30's who decide to make their empty lives worth living by running some charity organisation. It's invariably about disadvantaged children in developing countries, and the missies invariably look like a Dr. Frankenstein concocted mixture of Paris Hilton and a nun. Case in point:

Barney Rubble

BoyBrumby said:
Our dog's a right bugger....

(sorry) :ph34r:
:laugh:

Personally, I hate people who take tiny matters really seriously. Like people who complain in restaurants because their bread rolls are too cold - we had that guy in the hotel the other day. :dry:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I personally hate it when people use tuppeny-hapenny words to make themselves sound intelligent & then rather ruin the effect by mispronouncing said word. It's hardly a multi-syllable wonder-word, but lots of people constantly say "pacific" when they mean "specific". Really winds me up. :@

superkingdave

bloody phone calls trying to sell you stuff. ffs were registered for the telephone preference service but i even get them on my mobile these days, i've had at least 2 a day the last week all trying to get me to upgrade my mobile (half of them tell me they've been endorsed by orange, but given that im still under contract for another 3 months i sincerley doubt that)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
superkingdave said:
bloody phone calls trying to sell you stuff. ffs were registered for the telephone preference service but i even get them on my mobile these days, i've had at least 2 a day the last week all trying to get me to upgrade my mobile (half of them tell me they've been endorsed by orange, but given that im still under contract for another 3 months i sincerley doubt that)
I upgraded about a month ago and am still getting the odd call about upgrading!

Mr Casson

marc71178 said:
I upgraded about a month ago and am still getting the odd call about upgrading!
You should call them back and ask if they'd like to upgrade their service level.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I personally hate it when people use tuppeny-hapenny words to make themselves sound intelligent & then rather ruin the effect by mispronouncing said word. It's hardly a multi-syllable wonder-word, but lots of people constantly say "pacific" when they mean "specific". Really winds me up
yeah, i agree, had someone try to say epitome the other day only to say something that sounded like "epitoom", idiot.

I dislike screaming small children immensely.

Smudge

Women at checkouts. They always seem shocked and stunned when they're asked to pay. What did you think was going on, ladies? Some form of rudimentary barter system which involves the dirt found under your fingernails?

GotSpin

People who laugh at their own jokes
People who think they are know alot about a topic but i know alot more or they are talking crap
People who act smuggly