• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Predictions

andruid

Tamim to outperform Warner.
At least one bowler to ship 150 runs from their 10 overs
India to choke and win less than 3 wins the entire tournament.

Burgey

Most runs - TPC, Kohli, Buttler
Most wickets - Bumrah, Cummins, White Akram
Winners - Australia
Runners up - West Indies
Flops - England, India
Player of the tourney - Cummins
Upset result - Bangladesh to beat SA, Afghanistan to beat SL
Surprise player with big impact - David Miller
Surprise player with lack of impact - Starc
Random prediction - No side which posts 320 plus to get within 20 run of being chased down. It's a WC, not some meaningless, random Tendulkar-dominated Sharjah slog fest no one will ever remember, and pressure counts.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I hope that the random prediction doesnt come true. It will be a looong tournament if 320 means a comfortable win every single time. Btw, there could be some meaningless games towards the end of the tournament.

Burner

If recent English series' and Warm up games are anything to go by, that's a bold prediction. I'd bet there'll be many 320 plus scores.

Burgey

WC's are different. I'm comfortable talking about them and in making this prediction because, as an Australian, I know what it takes to win them more than people from any other nation.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If the weaker bowling attacks bat first and make 320, I think they are really going to struggle to contain teams to under 300.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
England seem to have built on Baz 2015 with their own brand, which in some ways is akin to NZ '92. I think it will be undone by more traditional play in the final, much in the way Pakistan rolled us in that tournament.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Most runs - TPC, Kohli, Buttler
Most wickets - Bumrah, Cummins, White Akram
Winners - Australia
Runners up - West Indies
Flops - England, India
Player of the tourney - Cummins
Upset result - Bangladesh to beat SA, Afghanistan to beat SL
Surprise player with big impact - David Miller
Surprise player with lack of impact - Starc
Random prediction - No side which posts 320 plus to get within 20 run of being chased down. It's a WC, not some meaningless, random Tendulkar-dominated Sharjah slog fest no one will ever remember, and pressure counts.
I thought you meant Starc as the white akram?

Burgey

There were enough in the last World Cup.
Yeah, in Australia.

Look, if you ****s don't agree, that's fine. I dgaf.

But what you won't see is me timidly going along with the crowd and making completely uninspiring or unsurprising calls. I'll always put it out there, lay it on the line.

Sure, I know a few of you think "The old bloke's lost it, he mails it in occasionally." But that's crap. You won't see me playing it safe. It's what makes me great - I'm out there all the time, putting in the big performances and making the big calls; doing the Placido Domingo. It's what sets me apart from the litany of ordinary posters around here.

CricAddict

Most runs - Bairstow
Most wickets - Bumrah
Winners - South Africa
Runners up - England
Flops - India
Player of the tourney - Shai Hope
Upset result - Afghanistan to beat Pakistan
Surprise player with big impact - Kusal Perera
Surprise player with lack of impact - Kohli
Random prediction - This WC turns to be the one with the most number of dropped catches in WC history

OverratedSanity

Most runs- Root
Most wickets- Boult
Winners- England
Runners up- New Zealand
Flops - India
Player of the tournament - Jos Butler
Upset result- Afghanistan beat South Africa
Surprise player with big impact - Andre Russell
Surprise player with lack of impact - Kohli
Random prediction - I'll call SA's elimination(if they do actually get eliminated in the knockouts) a choke whether it actually is one or not and people will be really annoyed either way.

GoodAreasShane

Most runs: Kohli
Most wickets: Rabada
Winners: India
Runners up: England
Flops: New Zealand
Player of the tournament: Kohli (ugh)
Upset result: West Indies beat England
Surprise player with big impact: Rassie van der Dussen
Surprise player with lack of impact: Archer
Random prediction: massive problems with slow over rates across most teams

dontcloseyoureyes