• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

Gnske

It turns out Nightprowler doesn't like Nazis either and yet won't condemn PEWS's fascist authoritarianism in open forum.

The mod team is fractured but we are united.

Burgey

These mods have gone to ground under the crushing weight of the peoples' boot on their collective throat, demanding they #FreeShri forthwith.

You can just imagine the crisis meetings going on in Modland aws - "Do we try to ride this out?" "Reckon it'll blow over?" "If we pretend it isn't happening, will we get away with unjustifiably axing this bloke?" "Who gave out the ****ing first ban anyway ffs? What were you thinking?" "Cribb, why did you over react to the multi account after everyone knew it was him for months, including mods interacting with him and not giving a **** because everyone knew the first ban was crap? Now you've escalated it beyond our control!" "Who ordered the bbq meat lovers?"

I want to know who reported the multi account. Who was the simpering, vapid flop who saw fit to report it? Own up, whoever you are, so we can drive you away from this place. Out! Out, foul spot!

Gnske

They probably think this will stop or be contained after a week. It's like they haven't met real power yet.

#FREESHRI #NIGHTPROWLERSAYSCALLINGPEWSHITLERISBAD

GoodAreasShane

I want to know who reported the multi account. Who was the simpering, vapid flop who saw fit to report it? Own up, whoever you are, so we can drive you away from this place. Out! Out, foul spot!
I have a strong suspicion on that one. Very strong indeed.

Last edited:

Gnske

It was PEWS clearly. He was the only one with anything to gain and the only one pushing for this.

#LOCKHIMUP

cpr

Well this movement will end when the mods inevitably lock the thread, because they hold all the cards here.

But Shri's absolutely asked for this. Burgey is right that about the firing insults thing, but not everyone has that relationship here, and you have to moderate what you say to those you haven't built that rapport with (for clarity we shall refer to them as pansies). Whoever Shri made his remark to clearly was a pansy he hadn't introduced to a sense of humour, but he should've known that. I get the defence that in Indian Politics a death threat is a legitimate tactic, no less common than a normal question to the chamer, but again, it's up to him to be aware that some mods are pansies too.

However, everyone knew he had a multi, and he knew the mods knew. It was an implied agreement his multi could stay so he could view posts whilst still banned and keep posting to the absolute minimum, instead he posts constant and publicly aknowledges the dupe in the mafia threads. He was no so much p*ssing on his own bonfire, but p*ssing on it, then asking the mods for a load of water so he could drink it to continue p*ssing on said bonfire (to someone so passionate about water waste, this is a crime)

But everyone absolutely losing it over his ban, well done, your making it worse. The mods have pretty much said they'll commute most of the sentence, but it needs to be done a bit hush - let him sneak back in whilst no ones looking. Spending all day posting about it means that day never comes. You can protest all you want like he's some 90s soap character (tag should be #freeDeirdShri IMO) but it's helping no-one

Gnske

Well this movement will end when the mods inevitably lock the thread, because they hold all the cards here.

But Shri's absolutely asked for this. Burgey is right that about the firing insults thing, but not everyone has that relationship here, and you have to moderate what you say to those you haven't built that rapport with (for clarity we shall refer to them as pansies). Whoever Shri made his remark to clearly was a pansy he hadn't introduced to a sense of humour, but he should've known that. I get the defence that in Indian Politics a death threat is a legitimate tactic, no less common than a normal question to the chamer, but again, it's up to him to be aware that some mods are pansies too.

However, everyone knew he had a multi, and he knew the mods knew. It was an implied agreement his multi could stay so he could view posts whilst still banned and keep posting to the absolute minimum, instead he posts constant and publicly aknowledges the dupe in the mafia threads. He was no so much p*ssing on his own bonfire, but p*ssing on it, then asking the mods for a load of water so he could drink it to continue p*ssing on said bonfire (to someone so passionate about water waste, this is a crime)

But everyone absolutely losing it over his ban, well done, your making it worse. The mods have pretty much said they'll commute most of the sentence, but it needs to be done a bit hush - let him sneak back in whilst no ones looking. Spending all day posting about it means that day never comes. You can protest all you want like he's some 90s soap character (tag should be #freeDeirdShri IMO) but it's helping no-one
There is common sense in this post of passive pitchforking which I appreciate and welcome with open arms. But I take one issue.

Should we really cater to the lowest common denominator? The greatest empires in history were forged on the backs of the strong, the weak and wounded were killed or let to die. Caesar, Alexander, the British Empire, sledger's victory against scarlett.

I think the only viable answer is to put everyone you have no interest in talking to on ignore.

#FREESHRI

Athlai

Not Terrible
In exchange for Shri's freedoms we will accept a symbolic ban of 3 months and 1 day, starting from the time that his "year long" farce of a ban was declared.

#ShriHomeByChristmas

Flem274*

123/5
tbh i think abusing nationalist scum should be commended and not punished.

they're one step away from the people who seem to have forgotten 1945. they have forgotten they live at our mercy.

plus we like shri and hate nationalists/the alt right. this is the only moral position a man can take, regardless of legality on cw. the cw rules should be changed to encourage the abuse of ultra-nationalists and the alt right.

carthago delenda est

#freeshri

Burgey

CPR: Dr King, whatcha doin’?
MLK: Organising a match on Washington
CPR: Don’t do that. Bitching about it only makes it worse.

cpr

Because the Civil Rights movement was all about black people refusing to integrate and lynching themselves.

Y'all probably protest that Nina Simone was forced into singing Mississippi Goddam

Athlai

Not Terrible
Let's not forget the point here is to get our good friend Shri back before we all get taken by the corona virus