• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question

cover drive man

If I saved and bought a top(ish) of the range bottle of wine, say 200 pounds, and kept it my whole life, then passed it on to my kids/nephews/nieces etc and told them to pass it on and so on and so forth would it eventually be worth a fortune?

cpr

If I saved and bought a top(ish) of the range bottle of wine, say 200 pounds, and kept it my whole life, then passed it on to my kids/nephews/nieces etc and told them to pass it on and so on and so forth would it eventually be worth a fortune?

Well, although my knowledge of wine extends to various different offers in bargain booze, I'd guess its future value would be decided by the quality of that years wine, the amount originally produced, and whether you can resist it after a night out and a girl you've pulled is thirsty.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'd say almost definitely not as any bottle you can get for £200 will not be a sufficient vintage to last 10 years before going off, let alone passing it down through a family.

Currently working with a client for whom £200 is a below average price for a bottle.

GotSpin

Depends upon the vintage but I can't see a 200 pound red increasing in value over generations.

There are wines out there that would appreciate in value but you won't be picking them up at the local bottleo next to the passion pop

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
And percentage wise, it probably wouldn't be the best investment. You could find something better for something like that.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And percentage wise, it probably wouldn't be the best investment. You could find something better for something like that.
Actually, looking at some of the shorter term gains it can be a good investment (if you have access to the best vineyards and have tens of thousands to spare to get the right wines)

Andre

As someone who works in wine, there isn't a heck of a lot of value in buying wine as an airloom to pass down for generations unless it is a real high end wine from an instantly recognisable label. Which narrows it down simply to a handful of reds. For real wine buffs and collectors they might be worth a fortune if they are a rare or extremely highly rated vintage, but generally speaking, it is unlikely that much wine genuienly appreciates in price over time. Plus, a lot of it needs to still be in the wrapped paper, wooden boxes etc that they were purchased in.

So in short, the sale of a 200 quid wine in 100 years is unlikely to feed your family.

cpr

I'm the best investment ATM. I'll double your return within 12 months, if enough new investors join

/ponzi