• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Random photographs

bugssy

Right across the road from my old primary school.

Have you seen some of the damage to car dealerships around the place though? There's a Mercedes one on Darby St which has about 3 cars which might be written off, and some of the ones on Glebe Rd looked like they were in a bit of trouble as well.
i worked today at cardiff, but we had no power. cardiff toyota didnt open and they had alot of damage to there cars.

we have a holding yard in at hamilton and there has been a bit of damage there also, i also work out at maitland which there is alot of evacuations as we speak so who knows how they are going.....

Matt79

Global Moderator
That's quite insane.

My brother lived in Newcastle for a while and he was saying that that beach is basically the equivalent of, say, St Kilda beach in Melbourne, or Bondi in Sydney. ie. its not out on the edge of town, or in the sticks, its smack bang in the middle of town...

bugssy

That's quite insane.

My brother lived in Newcastle for a while and he was saying that that beach is basically the equivalent of, say, St Kilda beach in Melbourne, or Bondi in Sydney. ie. its not out on the edge of town, or in the sticks, its smack bang in the middle of town...
it is smack bang in the middle!

Matteh

So yeah, our cricket pitch is on a flood plain and over the weekend there was a lot of rain. The river runs around the back of the small submerged building on the left. Can sort of guage where the square should be by the location of the sightscreen on the far hedgerow. TThe building on the far right is the pavillion and i'm guess the square is under about 6/7 feet of water because there's fairly steep bank between it and the pavillion.

Dasa

Tried out this 'model' effect, usually done using a tilt-shift lens but I did it in Photoshop.
First, the original:

...and the final product:

...and one of the MCG that didn't turn out so well:

...and probably the one where the effect works best:

open365

So yeah, our cricket pitch is on a flood plain and over the weekend there was a lot of rain. The river runs around the back of the small submerged building on the left. Can sort of guage where the square should be by the location of the sightscreen on the far hedgerow. TThe building on the far right is the pavillion and i'm guess the square is under about 6/7 feet of water because there's fairly steep bank between it and the pavillion.
:-O