• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Request-a-number

Loony BoB

marc71178 said:
A completely different situation and you know it.

If it were a new player coming in I could see why the player selects a vacant shirt, but once someone already has a number, I don't see why they should change.
Personal preferences. If for any illogical reason there was some law against changing your number, I would have never picked a number in the first place until the number I wanted was to become available... do you have any personal problems with Rose and I changing number, marc?

EDIT: I'm also fairly confident that Gavin Larsen changed his shirt number more than once.

Last edited:

Loony BoB

When was this decided, and who was involved in the decision? I searched this thread for "OD" and the first mentioning was just a couple of days ago. I also searched the World Cup 2004 thread, where I understand some of the original numbers were decided on, and found no mention of the shirt numbers always being the same as OD. Anyway, obviously times have changed and the number of members involved in the Dev League has grown, and using the same numbers for OD's and ODI's doesn't seem very practical anymore. Time for yet another step towards realism!

Mister Wright

Loony BoB said:
When was this decided, and who was involved in the decision? I searched this thread for "OD" and the first mentioning was just a couple of days ago. I also searched the World Cup 2004 thread, where I understand some of the original numbers were decided on, and found no mention of the shirt numbers always being the same as OD. Anyway, obviously times have changed and the number of members involved in the Dev League has grown, and using the same numbers for OD's and ODI's doesn't seem very practical anymore. Time for yet another step towards realism!
Well said.

Mister Wright

marc71178 said:
If it were a new player coming in I could see why the player selects a vacant shirt, but once someone already has a number, I don't see why they should change.
If a player retires, unless that number is retired due the player being a great (ala Micheal Jordan) I don't see why a new player or existing player can take or change their number. Jason Gillespie took Paul Reiffel's old number, Clark has taken Warne's and Lehmann recently took Stuart Law's old number. I don't see what it can't happen.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Updating this and strimming out retirees and crap... I dunno whetever we got the List A-ODI crossover from. Stupid idea at best...

0 Peter Young
1 Brendon Goff
3 Liam Camps
6 Nath Patrick
7 Marc Robbins
8 David Watt
9 David Kearsley
10 Xavier Rose
11 Neil Pickup
23 Daniel Towns
26 Tom Halsey
28 David Kennett
44 Bryce Cunningham
48 Callum Thompson
69 Reuben Verghese
70 Michael Wilson
75 Ian Markus
81 Nathan Hoy
85 Ash Chaulk
87 Kyle Wright
99 Chris Butler

Old numbers now retired
2 Simon Fitzsimmons*
5 Rob Malone*
10 Andrew Cloete*
13 Rob Timewell*
18 Craig Walsh
22 Sangrah Bhatia*
37 Chris Broadbent*

Tried to keep that to current and recent ODI players. Other shirts are free and to be claimed on first ODI callup. Hope I've got the retirements right...

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Simon isn't technically retired, but is perhaps the least likely Webhead to play an ODI again.

Patrick, Thompson, Cunningham, DeSilva will likely be needing numbers soon.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Simon isn't technically retired, but is perhaps the least likely Webhead to play an ODI again.

Add Wilson to that list!

Right arm fast

Mr Mxyzptlk said:

um id like 28 but i think kennets got that so if its free can i have 00?

Simon

WCC Staff
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Good to know im still being considered for selection, although i agree my ODI career doesnt seem to be moving along too quickly...