• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RIP Sir Edmund Hillary

Goughy

Did much after WW2 to raise spirits entering into the 50s.

He and Roger Bannister are what I think of when I think 1950s.

He had a global impact and will be missed.

Perm

****, I just realised I spelt his name wrong. Could a mod tidy that up please? It's supposed to be Hillary.

cpr

Fantastic inspiration to us all, very few people in his mould nowadays, a true idol. RIP

HeathDavisSpeed

Saw the NZ flag at half-mast on Aotea Quay when being driven by taxi from Wellington Airport to Petone today. Said to the missus at the time, "That'll be for Sir Edmund then"

A great life and one that should be celebrated. A pioneer amongst men and one who will continue to be fondly remembered for years to come.