• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Single Parents or both Parents, which one?

by who are you raised ?

• Mom and Dad

Votes: 31 73.8%
  • Just Mom

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Just Dad

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I was never raised!

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters

Kweek

after reading the Gay marriage thread this question araised to me...who made you the way you are now, both of your parents , or just your mother or father ?

see poll :)

Last edited:

Smudge

My parents broke up when I was almost 19. so they both had an equal part in my childhood.

Kweek

Tsk, doesn't look like I'll be voting then... 'mom' reminds me of obese American SUV driving women.
hmm see your point...somewhere, although I know quite a few english people who say mam or mum, so mom...yeah whatever...

your still a milfhunter

Jungle Jumbo

hmm see your point...somewhere, although I know quite a few english people who say mam or mum, so mom...yeah whatever...

your still a milfhunter
:cool: Yeah, 'mam' is fairly Northern ("me mam, me dad"), 'mum' is more middle-England suburbia... I still know a few friends who have a 'mummy' and 'daddy' but that's more to do with the people I go to school with.

Kweek

haha looking at the places ive stayed in the UK mum seems the most familiar :')
mummy and daddy is just...horrible!

Anna

I've been brought up by my mum since I was 10; we've managed just fine as the 3 of us (including my sis), but I often wonder if I would have turned out differently if my Dad was still alive.

Simon

WCC Staff
Parents slit up when I was 5, but spent time growing up with both at different times, so really no poll option is relevant.

Smudge

It's strange, really - it's almost as though dad waited until we were all grown up (I would say flown the nest, but my second-oldest sister (2 years older than me) was still living at home) before he decided he had enough of the whole marriage thing. Probably thank him for that, but at the end of the day it doesn't really worry me and they're both happy again with new partners now.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
It's strange, really - it's almost as though dad waited until we were all grown up (I would say flown the nest, but my second-oldest sister (2 years older than me) was still living at home) before he decided he had enough of the whole marriage thing. Probably thank him for that, but at the end of the day it doesn't really worry me and they're both happy again with new partners now.
It's been amazing how I've been able to juggle them both so easily and they've not found out about each other...:ph34r:

Matteh

Just mum. Dad had his way when i was 3, last time i saw him i was 4. Hasn't really affected me as it was before memory really kicks in.