• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Six Degrees of Separation- Wikipedia style!

andyc

Alright so I got sidetracked today while on Wikipedia, and decided this would be something to do to pass the time while bored. Starting from the page on the Rosetta Stone, I wanted to see how many clicks it would take me to get to the page for Muse (was listening to them at the time). Surprisingly, it only took me 4 links: Rosetta Stone-->British Monarchy-->United Kingdom-->Queen (band)-->Muse.

So I thought of a game; I (or someone else) names two completely unrelated pages on Wikipedia, and you have to get from A to B in the shortest amount of links possible (without using the search function). And also, going by the whole six degrees of separation idea, can anyone pick two pages that take more than six links to get to? Ten links, perhaps?

Anyway, I'll kick us off with what will hopefully be an easy one. Get from legendary Australian 'commentators' Roy and HG to the abysmal Howard the Duck in the least amount of links, and post the path which you took.

FaaipDeOiad

That one was really easy.

From Roy & HG's page, to the year 1986, linked in the bit about how long they've been hosting their show on Triple J for. From 1986 by topic -> Film -> Howard the Duck.

So I guess that'd be 3 degrees. Roy & HG -> 1986 -> 1986 Film -> Howard the Duck.

andyc

That one was really easy.

From Roy & HG's page, to the year 1986, linked in the bit about how long they've been hosting their show on Triple J for. From 1986 by topic -> Film -> Howard the Duck.

So I guess that'd be 3 degrees. Roy & HG -> 1986 -> 1986 Film -> Howard the Duck.
:-O

Haha, it took me five. Went Roy and HG-->Sydney 2000 Olympics-->United States-->Cinema of the United States-->George Lucas-->Howard the Duck

Can go ahead and post one if you want

Tom Halsey

Haha, bit of a sad game tbh, but passes the time when you have sweet FA to do.

My best effort for Fuller's one: Michel Foucault -> Social sciences -> Education -> Curriculum -> Chemistry -> Periodic table -> Lead

andyc

Michel Foucault-->Social sciences-->Hard science-->Chemistry-->Periodic table-->Lead

That's five. Am sure there's a faster way

Last edited:

Robertinho

Took four.

Michel Foucault -> Psychology -> Chemistry -> Periodic table -> Lead

Last edited:

Steulen

Thought I had a quick route down, but was unable to go directly from one metal to the other, so I'm on 5:

Foucault -> prison -> kitchen -> copper -> plumbing -> lead

andyc

Haha just realised you could theoritically edit a Wiki page to include a link on it. Hoping no one would be that desparate.

FaaipDeOiad

Took four.

Michel Foucault -> Psychology -> Chemistry -> Periodic table -> Lead
That's four. The opening point doesn't count.

That looks like a winner to me.

edit: nice edit. :p

I can't get a 3 myself. Anyone else having luck?

Last edited:

_Ed_

Carlton FC -> St. Kilda FC -> St. Kilda -> Scotland -> Roman Empire -> Holy Roman Empire -> Maximilian I

Six.

Matteh

How about:

Carlton FC > Alex Jesaulenko > Salzburg, Austria > Austria > Maximillian I