• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Soho-bound...

Mr Mxyzptlk

I'm doing work experience in Soho next week, 9-5. I'll be traveling from Southampton, as I expect that would be the cheapest option. I know very little about traveling in London, but I've been told that I should go from So'ton to Waterloo, then via Underground to Oxford Circus, and from there I can walk my destination.

Now, as I said, I really am clueless about this sort of thing. So does anyone have any advice about how to keep costs down in traveling and anything else I should know about commuting to London? Considering that the population of London is 5-6 times more than all of Trinidad and Tobago, it's all pretty intimidating.

superkingdave

Would have thought it would be bloody expensive to travel to London from Southampton especially in peak hours (wouldn't be surprised if you are talking £50+ a day), might be cheaper with a season ticket but since it's only for a week I doubt you'd be able to get cheap tickets, plus it would probably be a nightmare getting the train as well. You might be better off staying in London for the week (hostel or something) or try and get some Uni accommodation which gets rented out for the summer. For travelling around London make sure you get an oyster card...Tottenham Court Road might be as close as Oxford Circus to Soho

Mr Mxyzptlk

Will cost £31 and a dose of fatigue, from what I gather. That's not including Underground costs. I've been looking at Picadilly Backpackers, because from what I gather, I can get a bed (in a 4-person room) for £22 per night. If I factor in traveling back to So'ton outside of peak hours (with YP Railcard) I'll spend around £140. That's a saving £15. Hmmm.

I don't figure I'll get anywhere cheaper than £22 per night though, so this may be the way forward.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Will cost £31 and a dose of fatigue, from what I gather. That's not including Underground costs. I've been looking at Picadilly Backpackers, because from what I gather, I can get a bed (in a 4-person room) for £22 per night. If I factor in traveling back to So'ton outside of peak hours (with YP Railcard) I'll spend around £140. That's a saving £15. Hmmm.

I don't figure I'll get anywhere cheaper than £22 per night though, so this may be the way forward.
I've stayed in Piccadilly backpackers, it's in a good location and will do you well as long as you aren't really expecting too much from it. If you only have to live there for a week then I would seriously suggest you take a look at staying here, as it would probably save you a lot of hassle.

Burgey

Make sure you go to the Spearmint Rhino on Tottenham Court Road.

Say hi to the Luz Hurley look-a-like for me. I could've had the house paid off by now if I hadn't met her.