• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Solo Training

umop 3p!sdn

Hey, does anyone have any excercises or way to train on my own. I know I could improve fitness but I run 3 miles 3 times a week. I am lookign for something to improve batting technique or atleast to improve on it, are there any resources on the internet?

Burgey

For fitness and hand-eye co-ordination (which can only help with batting) try getting a flor-to-ceiling boxing speed ball. They help with timing and concertration, in my experience.

Manee

Hey, does anyone have any excercises or way to train on my own. I know I could improve fitness but I run 3 miles 3 times a week. I am lookign for something to improve batting technique or atleast to improve on it, are there any resources on the internet?
www.harrowdrive.com is very good for cricket fitness. One of its main points is that sprinting is better than long distance when training for cricket since cricket is based on interval sprints (between wickets, running in to bowl, chasing the ball in the field).

iamdavid

Bat lots, get in the nets and against the bowling machine and face 200+ balls a week, get people to watch you batting and help you identify things you can work on.
Its all about trial and error and making little improvements to your game.

DaViet

those batting tips are really darn useful but seems a hassle! any easy ones which can improve a little? i HAVE NOT PRACTISED BATTING AT ALL and only batted at matches, I find I never look at the ball, but can play a few shots...must be due to the games I played

I only ever bowl, and I know that's not exactly a good thing.

Some tops to improve fitness anyone?

People won't believe this but I once delivered a reverse swinger...but since no-one saw..meh