• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka blasts

Daemon

Just cannot fathom what goes through some peoples minds. Don’t think we’ve seen something of this scale in terms of planning since Mumbai.

Burgey

Yeah it's ****ing awful. Hard to fathom the planning going into something so mindless and barbaric.

ankitj

Was there anything brewing in Sri Lanka? I wasn't aware of anything that could lead to this. The Tamil conflict ended couple of years back and they didn't target Christians specifically anyway. Seems completely out of blue.

Smudge

My sister got to Colombo from Aussie on Saturday night for a tour which started last night (SL time). She had got up to Negombo to meet the start of the tour and had time to kill yesterday morning - she thought about heading to the church for a look (2km from her hotel) but opted to visit the beach instead which, in hindsight, was a very good decision. She's safe (and waiting to see what happens with the tour) - hope all SL CWers are safe and well.

Smudge

Upside of this is that I've been able to communicate with her via Twitter DMs (which somehow avoided the SL govt social media ban).

Downside is that 65yo mum decided she should sign up to Twitter too, and has started following me. She's now responding to my irreverent tweets with her usual pithy Facebook-esque comments & I've had to go back through my timeline and delete old tweets that refer to her.

Twitter was my last social media sanctuary from mum. No more.
:@

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Upside of this is that I've been able to communicate with her via Twitter DMs (which somehow avoided the SL govt social media ban).

Downside is that 65yo mum decided she should sign up to Twitter too, and has started following me. She's now responding to my irreverent tweets with her usual pithy Facebook-esque comments & I've had to go back through my timeline and delete old tweets that refer to her.

From the bottom of my heart I am truly sorry to hear this.

My twin daughters signed up for twitter recently and immediately enquired as to why it says ‘Jeremy Corbyn is a **** pheasant’ in my bio.

Burgey

Glad your sister is ok mate.

As for mum joining Twitter, thoughts and prayers.

Kirkut

Was there anything brewing in Sri Lanka? I wasn't aware of anything that could lead to this. The Tamil conflict ended couple of years back and they didn't target Christians specifically anyway. Seems completely out of blue.
359 dead, ISIS claims responsibility.