• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stats draft-2014

bagapath

No problem. Please jump in...

But please folks... No more... Have to travel for work from 11th... Want to finish this well before that...

This is the final order for Round 1.

1. ohnoitsyou - Malcolm Marshall
2. Camo999 - Imran Khan
3. harsh.ag
4. weldone
5, morgieb
6. coronis
7. AldoRaine18
8. Monk
9. Kyer2
10. Kingkallis
11. Ankitj

For Round 1.

Select your opening bowler. He should bowl pace.
Should have taken 3 wickets or more in an innings at least 20 times.
He should average more than 4 wickets per test.
And have a Strike rate under 60 deliveries.

Last edited:

watson

Banned
Not to complain, but I automatically get the 10th best fast bowler.

Will see how this progresses.
You may get the 4th best batsman of all time in Round 2 to compensate. That will be either Tendulkar, Sobers, Richards or Lara depending on your point of view.

From an outsiders perspective this Draft will be interesting because it will be like watching a poll similar to 'The ATG World XI Game' we conducted a few years back. That is, all the great players will be ranked in order according to their specific discipline. I presume that there will be categories like 'greatest opening batsman', or 'greatest spin bowler' to go along with the current 'greatest pace bowler'. Whether Bagapath splits these categories into sub-categories such as left or right handed, PreWWI, bowling-allrounder, medium-paced bowler etc will also be interesting.

Another big question is whether Bagapath forces Sobers into a batting-allrounder category or leaves him to compete with batsman who are more or less pure batsman.

Last edited:

bagapath

You may get the 4th best batsman of all time in Round 2 to compensate. That will be either Tendulkar, Sobers, Richards or Lara depending on your point of view.

From an outsiders perspective this Draft will be interesting because it will be like watching a poll similar to 'The ATG World XI Game' we conducted a few years back. That is, all the great players will be ranked in order according to their specific discipline. I presume that there will be categories like 'greatest opening batsman', or 'greatest spin bowler' to go along with the current 'greatest pace bowler'. Whether Bagapath splits these categories into sub-categories such as left or right handed, PreWWI, bowling-allrounder, medium-paced bowler etc will also be interesting.

Another big question is whether Bagapath forces Sobers into a batting-allrounder category or leaves him to compete with batsman who are more or less pure batsman.
I was making ATG XI s and I could make at least six of them easily. So wanted to try it as a draft and see where we end up. You are right about these assumptions. I intend to leave two slots open. That should give folks some flexibility in terms of their team composition.

watson

Banned
Never. A proper team will have 12 men, so can a draft. So jump in...

But please folks... No more... Have to travel for work from 11th... Want to finish this well before that...
Monk ran the Expeditious Draft a while back where the picks were 3 hourly. Funnily enough hardly anyone missed their pick. Not saying that you should copy 3 hours, but 6 or 8 hourly picks would speed things up with minimal damage if you need to be done and dusted by the 11th.

ankitj

Thanks Bagga.

Can't complain about the order in this round. We have more than enough top class players fitting that criteria.

weldone

I expected these 5 to be the first 5 picks as soon as Bagapath laid down the rules for the first round. The next few picks will be quite interesting. Quite a few elite bowlers are remaining - the order will be one of interest.