• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

steps to become a game programmer

xixsoside

Hi

I am a new forum member here, but I must say I have been a frequent visitor especially in the ICC forum. Over the past few years I've become an avid fan of sim games, like CM or ICC. Therefore after the stalemate of their series I've not really been able to find a game which is quite on the same level as ICC.

I'm well versed with java and VBasic. But if there any game programmers here who have used other tools or methods please do post. Also if there are specified languages, courses or tools I should well verse myself with - please do let me know.

I am on course to become a software engineer, but my hope is to go into game programming. any help or tips you might be able to give me would be awesome.