• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Suspension of Tiger Airways flight ops

Top_Cat

Depending on who you talk to, it's a pilot training thing or maintenance issues but it seems fairly clear it's the former. Ben Sandilands does his bit to unpick the sores that Tiger have left to fester for many months now (not that it's terribly complex).

Plane Talking

Be very interested to see whether they even persevere with their Aussie experiment.

Burgey

I once got a medium steak instead of medium rare. I threw a tantrum obv
Fair enough too. FFS, you pay $20 for a flight you're entitled to a decent steak.

Can recommend Element brasserie on King Street in that regard,

GotSpin

Fair enough too. FFS, you pay $20 for a flight you're entitled to a decent steak.

Can recommend Element brasserie on King Street in that regard,
I had a lovely brazed Deer's penis the other week at that eatery.

Mr Casson

Gotta be a hard thing to come back from, part of me thinks their customer base will say no more and that'll drive them out of town, but then again, their ****ty service never stopped people before, no matter how many said 'never again'. Maybe it's different when it comes to safety though.

SirBloody Idiot

I once got a medium steak instead of medium rare. I threw a tantrum obv
Shouldn't have ordered your steak very lean; not so lean that it lacks flavor, but not so fat that it leaves drippings on the plate. And I don't want it cooked. Just lightly seared on either side, pink in the middle; not true pink, but not a mauve either, something in between. Bearing in mind, the slightest error either way, and it's ruined, tbf.

Quaggas

The ad I got on this page was for a USD 8,500 ticket from NY to Florida with Bluestar Jets (so kind of business jet for hire thing). Seems to be one-way.... By way of comparison, Orbitz' lowest return fare from JFK to MIA leaving tomorrow and coming back Thursday is $400.

Top_Cat

Conspiracy theories have already begun that this whole action is at the behest of QANTAS via CASA. Aside from the other grubby things Tiger has done, no-one forced a supposed check captain to perform two low approaches in a matter of weeks. On that basis alone, Tiger had to have their Airline Operator's Certificate temporarily suspended.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

heh, there are actually WACs in aviation. I mentioned the CW interpretation to my instructor which led to the following conversation when we went for a flight with another PPL-qualified pilot, known as a bit of a tooly tool.

Instructor: "**** I hate it when green pricks with a PPL think they know everything insist on coming for a joyride and question absolutely everything I do. Been doing this for a while, I know what the **** I'm doing."

*I get in plane with instructor and tool is late (as usual) running at us on the apron. No apology forthcoming*

Tool: "Why are we taking this plane?! It's almost as old as you are!"

Instructor: "Oh, WAC....."

Tool: "Ohh, I forgot mine. Give me yours." (@ me)

*giggling* Instructor: "WAC!"

Tool: "ALRIGHT! I'll go all the way back to the ****ing hangar and grab it! GEEZ."

*lawls*

Last edited: