• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sympathies to any of CW involved

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
andyc said:
you strike me as one of those 'glass half-empty people.'
Where ICC are concerned IMO that's wholly understandible. David Gower did a wonderful piece with Clive Lloyd where he carefully avoided forcing Lloyd to criticise his employers while happily speaking the truth "ICC have hardly shown any signs that they're bothered with humanitarian matters".
Anyway, who's to say that trying to see the best in everything's any better?

Craig

World Traveller
Some 'star' casualties/victims from the Asian earthquake, include a handfull of players from Italian clubs of AC Milan, Juventus, and Inter Milan but made it out of the Maldives unharmed, a Czech supermodel, a German statesman, members of the Thai royal family have been affected, as have Richard Attenbrough's family, Arthur C. Clarke lost his swiming school in Sri Lanka, and AFL footballer Troy Broadbridge is still missing but his new wife is ok.

I know 3 people who were in Thailand and Indonesia at the time of the Tsunami. One of them is a very close friend of my family but we've heard from her and she's fine, the other is a friend from school who goes to Thailand every summer holidays because that's where her parents live and I haven't heard anything about her and the 3rd is the girlfriend of my brother's friend and we haven't heard anything from her or her family either.

To any others involved, my thoughts and sympathies are with you and your family.

andyc

ive got to say i find it interesting that australia's currently donated the most- AU$35 million, plus 20 million from donations from people.

Deja moo

The US has been stung by criticism of stinginess, and has now revised its aid from US$ 10 million to 35 million.

Deja moo

Indias southernmost point, Point Indira in the Nicobar islands, has been submerged, and a scientific facility with many scientists has gone underwater.

V Reddy

chris.hinton said:
When every Tragic Event happen someone has to blame America for Something

the Figure will raise to 125,000

I don't find anyone criticising US here 8-) .

India has rejected aid from foreign countries by saying that it can look after itself. I appreciate the effort to stop taking aid and loans from other countries but is it necessary at a time of disasster like this? :mellow:

andyc

chris.hinton said:
When every Tragic Event happen someone has to blame America for Something

the Figure will raise to 125,000
no one was blaming america for anything. i just said it was interesting that initially australia had given more than any other country. and america is often expected to donate money in times like these simply because theyve established themselves as world leaders, and they are therefore obligated to help out when things like this happen

Slats4ever

let's just stick off politics here.
Sri Lankans are beautiful people and so are the other people who were effected by this. I just also want to say something about the people who got injured. You hear lots about the death toll and all but I reckon that for every death there's someone who's injured... My sympathies go to these people to

Mr Casson

Slats4ever said:
let's just stick off politics here.
Sri Lankans are beautiful people and so are the other people who were effected by this. I just also want to say something about the people who got injured. You hear lots about the death toll and all but I reckon that for every death there's someone who's injured... My sympathies go to these people to
There'd be more injured than dead I reckon...

Slats4ever

who knows! be my guest to go find an official figure Mr Casson then report back here! My sympathies are with all of them

Mr Casson

Slats4ever said:
yeah i know u were. that's why i was wondering.... just out've interest..
Oh ok.. :) Well I'm not even going to bother with trying to find a number.. I don't see how anyone could possibly know. I don't think we'll know for a while.