• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Telstra

hourn

Is this company not the biggest joke company.

I have Big Pond Cable internet, which costs a fair bit to run per month.

Yesterday, the cable dropped out about 12 and Telstra said there was damage in my area - i live in Paddington, Sydney.

At about 3 or 4 it came back on, but at the moment, it will only come on for 10 minutes before disconnecting for some reason and i have to restart the computer to get back on. This is bloody annoying.

The amount of problems i have with Telstra, I could go on for hours and hours. This is the only company i seem to have constant problems with, and i reckon I would have been lucky to have rung technical support of another company more than twice, but i have rung Telstras Technical support on at least 50 occasions over the past few years.

Anyone else reckon this is the biggest joke of a large company in Australia??

Simon

WCC Staff
yes they are a complete joke, no doubt about it.
But not the worst telecommunications company from what ive heard.
My uncle moved to ireland from Australia a while back. He bought a new computer to use the net there, however he was told it couldnt be connected for another 6 months. now thats pathetic.

hourn

If it were upto me, I'd have Optus in our house, but its not, and i seem to be the one stuck dealing with Telstra cause dad got sick of it :p

Foxtel is good, but its not as if Telstra had anything to do with that. Foxtel was good long before Telstra brought half of Foxtel, or however much they did.

At least so far the internet hasn't disconnected for me, and I've been able to stay on for more than 15 minutes without having to restart my computer.

And over the last two days i've been updating my web-site, which is my signature, and having to restart the computer everytime i want to upload stuff to the internet is a real pain in the kyber.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Sounds like NTL over here from reports I've heard from other people!

That's right!!! Yesterday with NTL was 'difficult' to say the least - just as the duck was trying to finalise his selections for CW Fantasy Cricket.

<quack> it was a fabulous team, too.

There there, DD. Wait until 2007.

<quack> I don't support India.

Rik

I've got NTL but I've not had a problem with them for ages. Strange as we have a seperate line for the internet and one of the computers in the house is usually online and ISPs don't like their service being used all the time.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I use BT Internet in the UK and they are the biggest joke I have ever seen! Spend more time than ever trying to connect to the internet.
If they made aeroplanes, we would all be dead by now..

Bazza

NTL sucks and if you have AOL (as I do at home) it's twice as bad!!

Luckily here at uni my LAN connection is nearly always up and fine and dandy.

Reuben I didn't think clear was a company, I thought that was the name of the team, and they were sponsored by Telstra (who also sponsor the Australian swim team BTW - they're known as the Telstra Dolphins).