• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Australian politics thread

Spark

Global Moderator
Cooma is basically ringed by fires, photos there are basically pitch black. Know that place very well, grim grim grim

Last edited:

Burgey

48.9 degrees in Penrith today and the reports coming out of the fire zones seem to indicate the southerly has brought no rain and done little but flare everything g up again. Just don’t know when it will end.

Spark

Global Moderator
oh and i see that they fed a political hit piece on their own government in nsw to markson today

brain worms all the way down

Shady Slim

having been on the sidewalks in penrith today at 3-4 i can say it was just ****in hellish, and it’s just incredibly dire to every sense... without exaggerating there’s just a sense of dread, depression, and tiredness around, and nobody is really sure what to do

it’s similar here up on the mountain, maybe a bit more of the dread given the fire threat but the forecasts are set to drop to the low 30’s high 20’s for the next couple days

now

in saying this, as ****** as it is here it’s nothing like the hellfire conditions down out where DCYE is, so i can’t complain heh

Burgey

Does anyone actually have a link to said ad? What does it say “Despite what you’ve heard, we really are doing the job we are meant to. And we thought we would let you know”?

Spikey

Burgey

Thanks, I managed to find it and post an abusive comment.

Love how they had a link to donate, and it was a donation to the liberal party, not to a fire appeal.

Gnske

I said it earlier in the season when I didn't think things could get any worse than what was happening in the mid-north, but now is the time to be an ecologist and to tell your kids to get into it.

The post-script of the impact on ecosystems on the east coast in regards to faunal contributions is going to be so unbelievably dire I fear.

GoodAreasShane

In other news, South Australian Liberal MP and noted "family values" warrior Sam Duluk has been in the shite for sexually harassing crossbench MP Connie Bonaros at a parliamentary christmas function.

Got off with just having to apologise and resign from his parliamentary committee roles

Spark

Global Moderator
In other news, South Australian Liberal MP and noted "family values" warrior Sam Duluk has been in the shite for sexually harassing crossbench MP Connie Bonaros at a parliamentary christmas function.

Got off with just having to apologise and resign from his parliamentary committee roles
I mean if there's a time for a rando state MP to have news like that drop, it's now.