• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Draft

Mister Wright

chaminda_00 said:
His average of 88 against England and West Indies, isn't going to change anything, he still will be a freak, unless the other batsmen don't hang around with him. 88 or 99, its all the same.
Well, it's going to be much the same for any other player, I can't see drastic changes in averages if you take away performances against Zim and Bangladesh. If you do it to one, you have to do it for all.

chaminda_00

From memory guys like Shane Bond and James Franklin have major differences to their averages and strike rates when you take out Zimbabwe and Bangladesh games.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chaminda_00 said:
What about guys that played a lot of matches against similar quality sides in the past, such as early sides from South Africa, New Zealand and Sri Lanka. Or is it only done to players that have played against the current Zimbabwe and Bangladesh sides?
I took that all into consideration when looking at players I've not heard of / SMs

garage flower

superkingdave said:
welcom CAG, you may be another opener but i couldn't ignore the 56.87 average at this stage, now for a 'deshi
Presumably his average will be adjusted though, along with the likes of Fairfax and others who've played few games.

superkingdave

garage flower said:
Presumably his average will be adjusted though, along with the likes of Fairfax and others who've played few games.
i was going by what Marc said earlier in relation to Dempster, that his stats were'nt goign to me amended much.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Wednesday UK time (I might get a chance tonight, but only if the missing drafts are in, and then there's no guarantee)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sorry, but I didn't!

Dyslexic Dymanos - AF Rae
Great Northern CC - Khaled Mashud
Bunnies - FM Engineer
Testing Forum CC - RO Schwarz
Penguins of King George - BK Kunderan
NZ Blazers - RG Archer
Dynamo Morpork - BB McCullum
Jaffna Jets - CF Walters
Rohan Riders - GP Thorpe
Toronto Tornados - WA Brown
Leicestershire Foxes - AW Greig
Western Vikings - Danish Kaneria

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And the final round - will be running it at the weekend:

Hoggy31
Jamee999 (Ban, Zim)
garage flower (Ban, Zim)
Mister Wright
chaminda_00 (Ban, Pak)
Samuel_Vimes (Ban, Zim)
Blaze (Ban, Zim)
FaaipDeOiad (Ban, Zim)
andyc (Ban, Zim)
age_master
superkingdave
vic_orthdox

Blaze

Banned
Happy with Ron Archer... now got to pick a zimbo to run on the drinks. Wish I could have had 1 more player who would have made my side come together nicely but will have to make do with what I have got.

chaminda_00

marc71178 said:
Jaffna Jets - CF Walters
Happy with Walters got my opener and another 50 bat at the same time. Might create a few headaches with selection though if Walcott isn't good enough to keep full time, but its a headache i got mind having. Now for a Pakistan player, should be too hard with all the guys left :D

Jamee999

superkingdave said:
there you go, reserve keeper and bangladeshi all in one, better practise drinks carrying Khaled
Dave Richards I hate you.

Snatched my Round 16 pick away from me :(

Happy with "Tanny Grig" though, a solid backup batsman, and will be useful if we ever need to drop a spinner, bring in Bedser, but we still want a 5th seamer.

Now 2nd pick, with a Bangladeshi or Zimbok to pick....