• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

the having to lose to win draft

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
That is a damn good team. Weakest link perhaps Prior?
Hammond IMO. Way too good. :P

The team has no real weak-links at all. Archie Jackson had the least distinguished Test career but you can't pick him. So I think Prior probably did enough to surpass Mushie but that's a difficult call.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Results Countdown continued..

Red Hill CC

Arthur Morris
Mike Brearley * +
Brad Hodge
Peter May
Lindsay Hassett
Jacob Oram
Greg Matthews
Harbhajan
Mike Whitney
Devon Malcolm
Bishen Bedi

Verdict: Red Hill described his team as "having two almost bronzed tier quicks" makes me question his mineral pecking order. He has picked a non-Test match keeper (who is expected to open the batting and captain) with a lineup consisting of 3 spinners. Brearley is going to be screwed. The rest of the batting order is sixth-worthy but there are just too many teams above this one. Game over Red Hill.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
continue.. Results Countdown.

mrmister
Sherwin Campbell
Phil Hughes
Habibul Bashar
Graeme Hick
Craig McMillan
Jimmy Adams + & *
Tony Greig (3)
Peter Pollock (2)
Anil Kumble (5)
Len Pascoe (1)
Gladstone Small (4)

Verdict I really don't like the batting lineup in this team and Adams as keeper and captain is asking too much. Surprised Jimmy was given the captaincy tbh. The bowling unit is reasonable but I feel as though the batting needed say Graeme Pollock instead of Hick or the bowling needed Lillee instead of Pascoe for it to be closer to sixth or at least not get out of the running so quickly.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Results cont.. Countdown!

WalkingWicket
1. Mike Atherton
2. WG Grace (5)
3. Viv Richards
4. VVX Laxman
5. Murray Goodwin
6. Andy Flower (+)
7. Roshen Mahananamahanamahanama
8. Stuart Broad (3)
9. Tony Lock (4)
10. Michael Holding (1)
11. Allan Donald (2)

Verdict - This is a quality team that would be enjoyable to watch. Holding and Donald sharing the new ball is a classic pairing and Broad is ideal behind the new ball pairing, I really like the top 6 too, I've always felt that Murray Goodwin was underrated, such a solid campaigner in Tests, County and Shield. Mahanama is the only weak-link. The team probably needed someone like Grant Flower instead of Andy or say Kasprowicz instead of Holding to be closer to number six.

Still in the running
NZT
Schearzie
Morgie
harsh.ag
Heef
Jimmy
Dan
honestbharani
OverratedSanity
Camo

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Countdown of results are back kind of.

Heef
1. Graham Gooch, Baron of Ilford, Earl of Essex, Übermensch
2. Gordon Greenidge
3. Kane Williamson
4. Sir Garfield Sobers
5. Colin Bland
6. Neil Johnson
7. James Foster (+)
8. Malcolm Marshall
9. Dean Headley
10. Waqar Younis
11. Peter Such

Verdict
This team is too good to be in the running. The top 5 is terrific and I can imagine them batting well together. Having Marshall and Waqar is just sensational. A couple of players look a little below par, but I rate Foster and Headley as good Test match performers who were unlucky not to play more.