• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Jason Gillespie Experience

Top_Cat

Why would anyone honestly bother? The man seems to be about as stupid as he looks.
Jason seriously is one of the most incisive comics one could ever have the pleasure of knowing. You have no idea of that which you speak.

Burpey

Macka said:
Why would anyone honestly bother? The man seems to be about as stupid as he looks.
How does that old saying go ... people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?

age_master

Top_Cat said:
Jason seriously is one of the most incisive comics one could ever have the pleasure of knowing. You have no idea of that which you speak.

indeed, he recently won a poll about who Australians would love to have a beer with.

Macka

Top_Cat said:
I've heard him speak a few times, and he could barely peice together a sentence. In a way it was quite funny, but I wasn't laughing with him. Perhaps it was the pressure TV brings... I don't know.

burkey_1988 said:
How does that old saying go ... people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?
You're calling me unintelligent? You either didn't understand what I said, or you don't understand the adage. Not to sound too arrogant, mind you 8-)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Macka said:
The fact that it's for a very good cause seems to be as good a reason as any.

David

International 12th Man
Macka said:
You're calling me unintelligent? You either didn't understand what I said, or you don't understand the adage. Not to sound too arrogant, mind you 8-)
Well, as far as first impressions go.......

Top_Cat

I've heard him speak a few times, and he could barely peice together a sentence. In a way it was quite funny, but I wasn't laughing with him. Perhaps it was the pressure TV brings... I don't know.
It's been well-established for many years that Dizzy is very taciturn in front of a mic. He has pretty severe stage fright. Get him away from that and he's a laugh and half. And fairly sophisticated, believe it or not.

Buddhmaster

I've also met Gillespie, and he's a great bloke. Had a chat with everyone, unlike most of the players. Didn't think he sounded stupid at all

Craig

World Traveller
$510 so far, I hope the lucky winner enjoys their experience with him...

Have we ruled it out that this person is not a family member or have a Jason Gillespie Obession with posters and carboarc cutouts all over their house?