• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Sokker Thread

Agent TBY

Sokker

Okay, if you've ever played Battrick, you should know that it's the cricket version of an online football game, Hattrick.

There's another game though, extremely similar to Hattrick, but a lot better. Sokker is extremely addictive, and very fun to play. It has a 2D engine, and not just text commentary like Battrick. Tactics are incredibly in-depth, and you almost feel like you're in charge of a club.

Anyway, when you're registering, register in Australia, so that you get a team quickly. Doesn't matter which region you choose. After you're done, just post your team details in here, and we could have an awesome Sokker community right here.

Well, I manage a club in Australia named Tollygunge. I signed up last season, and managed to win my division, gaining promotion to Division II. At the end of last year, I also managed to get elected to the post of Australian National Team manager. Due to this, you may think of me as the resident Sokker expert, though I'm a dud at finance, heavily in debt, lol. Dave (Cometer) will help you out at that, and if you ever feel like whinging about the game, Andrew (Cloete) is always present to whinge along with you.

There are few more members who've been playing though, like Robertinho, Xavier, Tharmi, etc. Post your thoughts, and team info in here.

Tom Halsey

I'll stick to Hattrick for the time being, far more members playing and therefore more interesting etc, and harder when bidding for players.

Hattrick is the original (as far as I know) and IMO still the best.

Cloete

Tom Halsey said:
I'll stick to Hattrick for the time being, far more members playing and therefore more interesting etc, and harder when bidding for players.

Hattrick is the original (as far as I know) and IMO still the best.
I've played both, heaps of HT players that are now Sokker players. Personal opinion I guess, but I would urge you all to give it a go...