• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

the war against civilians.

Kimbo

GOD BLESS AMERICA.
bit by bit the usa is getting revenge for the twin towers. another civilian village has been bombed. unfortunately only 31 deaths, but everything counts doesn't it.
they managed to get a wedding party... nothing gets people like ruining the best day of their lives.
i would just like to say, thank god george bush is president. surely anyone else would think of a way to stop terrorism from the roots of it. but thats just not revenge is it?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
they managed to get a wedding party... nothing gets people like ruining the best day of their lives.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure dieing meant the day turned out a bit of a bummer for them.

Can we close this thread?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Because it's comments like those that prolong the hatred in the world and cause wars.
Could you expand on what you mean by this? It didn't look to me, or evidently to Top_Cat, that Sunil's comments were anything other than an attempt to ask why the US desires itself to be treated differently to the Rest of the World. Like why should its peacekeepers have immunity from prosecution. Not allowing such sentiment to be expressed is more likely to embellish hatred.

Top_Cat

Could you expand on what you mean by this? It didn't look to me, or evidently to Top_Cat, that Sunil's comments were anything other than an attempt to ask why the US desires itself to be treated differently to the Rest of the World. Like why should its peacekeepers have immunity from prosecution. Not allowing such sentiment to be expressed is more likely to embellish hatred.
Regardless of my or your opinions on the matter at hand, I personally didn't think the comments were inflammatory at all.

Besides, this IS the 'off-topic' portion of the site where people can discuss politics etc. If she were on about how she wanted all "Americans to die like the capitalist pig-dogs they are" then maybe I would have stepped in but I think she's legitimately trying to provoke debate.

So let's hear it, peeps! :)

Remember though;

No swearing
No descriminatory remarks on the basis of race, gender, age, nationality etc.
No personal abuse.

And we'll all get along fine. :D Believe me, as someone who's a member of a few political sites (and a few local political things in my area too), it IS possible to have a civilised debate about politics, regardless of how much of an oxymoron that statement may appear to be!! :D

[Edited on 7/3/02 by Top_Cat]

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
NO PERSONAL ABUSE - was one rule

So i wanted to ask something , if i abused myself real bad here , does that get me banned ?

Top_Cat

NO PERSONAL ABUSE - was one rule

So i wanted to ask something , if i abused myself real bad here , does that get me banned ?
PERMANENTLY. We don't take too kindly to self-abuse here!! :D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
We wouldn't ban you, we'd just phone Social Services and get you carted off to a mad house somewhere... ;)

Kiwi

Only a few people were involved in the planes crasing into the Twin towers. Why should his birth counrty be punished by death for something they didn't even know was happening.

Top_Cat

Only a few people were involved in the planes crasing into the Twin towers. Why should his birth counrty be punished by death for something they didn't even know was happening.
Especially since the attackers on Sept 11h were various countries such as Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Lebanon etc.

But they were all Arab so that makes them all the same, right?? :( I hate it when I hear that sort of attitude from some people. Disgusts me. It's like saying all Asian people are the same because, "Dang! Those critters all LOOK the same!"