• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Togo

superkingdave

I've decided that Togo will be my second team for the World Cup.

They will be competing the the African Nations cup if they agree to go, at the moment the squad is refusing to travel unless they get $40,000 each

Squad

Kossi Agassa (02/07/1978) TOG
Safiou Salifou (11/08/1982) TOG
Ouro Nimini Tchanirou (31/12/1977) TOG
Jean-Paul Abalo Yaovi (26/06/1975) TOG
Eric Akoto (20/07/1980) TOG
Ludovic Assemoassa (18/09/1980) FRA
Nibombe Dare (16/06/1980) TOG
Gafarou Mamam (24/08/1985) TOG
Alirou Ahoudou () TOG
Zanzan Attey-Oudeyi (02/09/1980) TOG
Kaka Aziawonou (30/11/1979) TOG
Emmanuel Mathias (03/04/1986) TOG
Alexys Romao (18/01/1984) FRA
Moustapha Salifou (01/06/1983) TOG
Junior Yao Senaya (18/10/1979) TOG
Massamasso Tchangaï (09/08/1978) TOG
Emmanuel Adebayor (26/02/1984) TOG
Mamam Cherif Touré (01/01/1981) TOG
Toure Kader Cougbadja (08/04/1979) TOG
Mickael Dogbé (28/11/1976) TOG
Adekanmi Olufade (07/01/1980) TOG
Cougbadja Sherif (27/12/1981) TOG
Cherif Touré (27/12/1981) TOG

Emmanuel Adebayor(plays for Monaco) is the man to look out for, though my favourites are Cougbadja Sherif and Emmanuel Mathias.

If they turn up they'll play Congo on the 21 Jan, Cameroon on the 25th and Angola on the 29th

Jungle Jumbo

superkingdave said:
Emmanuel Adebayor(plays for Monaco) is the man to look out for, though my favourites are Cougbadja Sherif and Emmanuel Mathias.
Haven't Arsenal signed Adebayor?

Barney Rubble

The Baconator said:
I'll probably be backing Togo in their group, especially if they somehow manage to do a Senegal and beat France.
Ain't. Gonna. Happen.

Togo will get smashed by at least five goals in at least one game. Totally devoid of experience, not to mention talent (Adebayor aside) - they're not a patch on what Senegal were when they beat France.

superkingdave

Well Togo's ACN campaign got off to a poor start, losing 2-0 to Congo and now it looks like Abedayor has has an argument with the coach and walked out. I hope Arsenal haven't had anything to do with that.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
superkingdave said:
Well Togo's ACN campaign got off to a poor start, losing 2-0 to Congo and now it looks like Abedayor has has an argument with the coach and walked out. I hope Arsenal haven't had anything to do with that.
It was being reported that he was ill with a poorly tummy before the game, consequently was named on the bench. Reading between the lines (as you did) it may be that it's because his money belt wasn't heavy enough, thus allowing the butterflies to take flight.

He came on with the score 2-0 and put himself about a bit for 5 minutes, then seemed to lose any enthusiasm.

Lua-lua was brilliant, laying one on a plate and scoring one with a dazzling shimmy at the edge of the box that bought him a yard of space.

Brilliant game.

superkingdave

Well Togo lost 2-0 to Cameroon to put an early end to their ACN campaign, saving all their good stuff for the WC obviously,

Barney Rubble

luckyeddie said:
Lua-lua was brilliant, laying one on a plate and scoring one with a dazzling shimmy at the edge of the box that bought him a yard of space.
Wish he'd remember how to do that in a blue shirt. Lazy, selfish little.....