• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour To Australia !! - News , Views , Results

Mr Mxyzptlk

CRICKET WEB XI 258/9 50.0 overs
ZIMBABWE 224 46.1 overs

Cricket Web XI won by 34 runs

Man of the match: Neil Pickup

Neil snaps up more wickets to move to 17 in the tournament to date. Another tremendous knock from Blewy set the tone, but the bowlers won it ultimately. Mr Ponting was a bit disappointing again, but came through solidly.

Attachments

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Neil snaps up more wickets to move to 17 in the tournament to date. Another tremendous knock from Blewy set the tone,
They'll be a big loss for the final then!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Breaking News

The following players have been called up to the CW XI for immediate duty pending the withdrawal of eight CW XI players from the current series.

The players are as follows:
Eyes Only
Hoggy
Paid the Umpire
David Kennett
Tim
Craig

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Post-Trauma CW XI to play Australia

Rich_2001 *
Craig
Eclipse
Cloete (vc)
Paid the Umpire
Lord of Darkness
Eyes Only +
Lucky Eddie
Top Cat
Mr Ponting
Tim

12th Man: Can't afford one, so Steve Bucknor.

Mr Mxyzptlk

ZIMBABWE 178/7 50.0 overs
AUSTRALIA 181/2 30.2 overs

Australia won by 8 wickets

Man of the match: Ricky Ponting

------

CRICKET WEB XI 237 49.3 overs
AUSTRALIA 239/2 37.3 overs

Australia won by 8 wickets

Man of the match: Matthew Hayden

Due to the late withdrawal of lord of darkness, David Kennett made his way back into the team. The bowling never had any bite to it and the batting collapsed after a good start. Only some late order strokeplay held it up at the end.

Attachments

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
* Press Release *

" After talking with the captain of the CWXI and having a long think , i thought it would be better of coming back to the CWXI and keep doing my best for the team and do as much as i can to help us get back on track.
The camp is still in total shock but i will say it will be worked out slowly and no one is pressured of any sort.
Lets keep working hard and continue giving our best "

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
lord_of_darkness said:
i thought it would be better of coming back to the CWXI and keep doing my best for the team and do as much as i can to help us get back on track.
Better for whom? Your ego?

Certainly not better for the future of the XI.

lord_of_darkness said:
The camp is still in total shock but i will say it will be worked out slowly
Backward step taken making it even slower...

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW XI for 1st Final v Australia

Rich_2001 *
Craig
Eclipse
Cloete (vc)
Paid the Umpire
Eyes Only +
Lucky Eddie
Top Cat
Mr Ponting
David Kennett
Tim

The march continues... more of a slow trickle :(

Mr Mxyzptlk

AUSTRALIA 306/8 50.0 overs
CRICKET WEB XI 246/4 50.0 overs

Australia won by 60 runs

Man of the match: Micheal Bevan

The cricketing world stunned by an inexplicable display of power from Michael Bevan due admittedly to short boundaries at Cairns. Still, it was a good fight with some impressive late hitting by the rookies, showing some much need spunk.

Attachments

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Better for whom? Your ego?
LOL , do you know how pathetic that sounds when it does not even make any sense, you should be feeling silly for causing such an un-needed uproar , otherwise like the policy is the door is always open for you to leave.. it wouldnt make a 1% difference to CWXI or CW A for that matter..

Right now it is your ego that seems a lot bigger than your post count ..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
lord_of_darkness said:
LOL , do you know how pathetic that sounds when it does not even make any sense,
It makes perfect sense - what else does you returning to the CW XI improve, certainly not the team based on your performances.

lord_of_darkness said:
otherwise like the policy is the door is always open for you to leave..
Why should I be forced out for standing up for something I feel to be unjust?

lord_of_darkness said:
it wouldnt make a 1% difference to CWXI or CW A for that matter..
Erm, last time I checked, I was skipper...

age_master

Re: Breaking News

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The following players have been called up to the CW XI for immediate duty pending the withdrawal of eight CW XI players from the current series.

The players are as follows:
Eyes Only
Hoggy
Paid the Umpire
David Kennett
Tim
Craig
net sessions every day this week for me than