• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

Immenso

Yes.

1. Turner
2. Sutcliffe
3. J F Reid
4. Crowe
5. McCullum
6. Coney
Watling
Hadlee
Bond
Wagner
Bracewell

statsguru stats by position/role: NZ all time 11.JPG

The Hutt Rec

Catching up on the first Cricket Show for the year ... Mark Richardson ranting on about how everyone sucked in the UAE except Taylor (?!) and Williamson. 8-)

wellAlbidarned

Nicolls? What about him. He had a breakthrough series I thought.
yeah tbh I'd thought his innings against SA was a fluke which we were going to pay for but he's proved that it's not luck, he legit has balls of steel and can make it work at test level.

jcas0167

Love that the comments section is calling it rubbish. Rightly so.
Nice Glenn Turner tribute in the comments.

Glenn Turner is one of the biggest monsters of the game and all round stylist there has ever been.

He ruined that by spending the air fare NZCC sent him to come back then blaming Walter Hadlee for asking for it back.

But as a Batman he is in the absolute minimalist quota of everyone you could ever lay eyes on and his changes in that, over the years were one of the most amazing things in cricket you could ever see.

A genuine Master.

The Hutt Rec

He’s totally lost the plot with this one, I’d have sent round a medical team if I received that as an editor.

Cool to see Nicholls in the top ten test match batting rankings this morning!

Zinzan

Okay. it's official. KW has now undoubtedly surpassed M D Crowe in my mind as our greatest ever batsman.

I know many of you decided this ages ago, but I had to consider the time they played, style, how they dominated opposition bowlers, pitches, quality of opposition etc.

Jezroy

So if Munro’s innings is the start of him turning the corner... is the 1st XI looking something like this? Also with Henry not looking that convincing...

Guptill
Munro
Kane
Ross
Tom
Neesham
Seifert
Santner/Sodhi
Southee
Ferguson
Boult

Either that or you play both Santner and Sodhi and drop Seifert out. But then the tail is pretty long. As unconvincing as Southee has been in ODIs since WC 2015, I still think he’s one of the best options at the death.

Nicholls/Henry/De Grandhomme in the squad.

Bracewell NOT in the squad.

The Hutt Rec

So if Munro’s innings is the start of him turning the corner... is the 1st XI looking something like this? Also with Henry not looking that convincing...

Guptill
Munro
Kane
Ross
Tom
Neesham
Seifert
Santner/Sodhi
Southee
Ferguson
Boult

Either that or you play both Santner and Sodhi and drop Seifert out. But then the tail is pretty long. As unconvincing as Southee has been in ODIs since WC 2015, I still think he’s one of the best options at the death.

Nicholls/Henry/De Grandhomme in the squad.

Bracewell NOT in the squad.
I'd ditch Seifert from that side and include CDG, Latham to keep.