• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Was reading something and realized that I was an hypocrite

Shri

it was one of those articles about icc doing stupid things like a wc every year and the revenue split between every member country

and before i caught myself in the middle and rubbed my only two brain cells together i asked myself wait why am i getting angry at the icc taking bcci's money and splitting it evenly to distribute to every member country

i mean, isn't that what my political belief system is

like taking **** away from the top 1% and giving it to the people at the bottom

so why is this making me angry

so yeah i have been feeling stupid for being a hypocrite and i kinda feel okay now about money being given to every country in the icc in an equal share, which i was not in favour of before

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's actually open to discussion, this

If shri sounds it out like he's from the North then he's golden
Haha I'd not thought of this actually, but I see what you mean. With a northern accent "a" would actually sound wrong. How strange.

weldone

Cricket is not a basic necessity like food, medicine, housing etc. though. So, it is the same question as whether you support equal distribution for things like gold for example.

I want ICC to distribute money among member countries but for a different reason - not because I support distribution, but because I want the beautiful game to go global.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Cricket is not a basic necessity like food, medicine, housing etc. though. So, it is the same question as whether you support equal distribution for things like gold for example.

I want ICC to distribute money among member countries but for a different reason - not because I support distribution, but because I want the beautiful game to go global.
Yeah, I would agree. I think it's very short sighted how the money is distributed amongst the top three. Death of a Gentleman is a documentary well worth watching.

Gnske

it was one of those articles about icc doing stupid things like a wc every year and the revenue split between every member country

and before i caught myself in the middle and rubbed my only two brain cells together i asked myself wait why am i getting angry at the icc taking bcci's money and splitting it evenly to distribute to every member country

i mean, isn't that what my political belief system is

like taking **** away from the top 1% and giving it to the people at the bottom

so why is this making me angry

so yeah i have been feeling stupid for being a hypocrite and i kinda feel okay now about money being given to every country in the icc in an equal share, which i was not in favour of before
You have it all backwards, you are right to be angry.

The rich deserve their money. This is inherently true as it is inherently earned by the sons and daughters of the rich. The strong must prosper, that's my belief. The weak must grow strong in order to gain their riches. Charity will sap their strength. Suffering leads to power.