• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What’s the best marinade?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well?

For steak - salt and pepper. That’s it. Maybe a little olive oil and garlic. Anything more and you need better steak, or learn to cook it better.

For lamb or beef in curries - overnight marinade with yogurt (full fat not the deranged fat free Greek shite), lemon juice, black pepper, salt, nutmeg, cumin, coriander, ginger, garlic, and Kashmiri red chili powder to taste. A little cinnamon maybe. Bring it to room temperature the next day, and REMOVE excess marinade off meat.

For chicken - nothing. Chicken sucks. Don’t eat it. Unless it’s gizzards, in which case, treat it like proper meat (see above).

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Shan tikka masala mixed with a bit of lemon juice and letting it sit in the fridge, exceptional for any grilled, roasted, or baked stuff.

trundler

He's wrong anyway. Tandoor is the oven. Tandoori would be anything related to the oven so tandoori very much works..

zorax

likes this
Can't go wrong with soya sauce, garlic, ginger, and a bit of chili. My dad would toss in some whiskey into the marinade too from time to time.

Marinate fish in ginger, scallion, sesame oil and a bit of salt or soya before steaming. Works great.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I was skeptical about this thread as marinade for the most part just makes everything worse. But when the first one mentioned was "salt and pepper" I knew you were a man of culture and taste.

zorax

likes this
So many people don't remove the excess marinade either

What I like to do sometimes is cook off the excess marinade into a separate sauce that can be served on the side later. Add a few more things to it, try to make it a nice companion to the dish.