• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What are you eating right now?

zorax

likes this
Zorax, imo the red tandoori colouring is an important ingredient in tandoori chicken. Admittedly it adds nothing of flavour but that deep red colour just gives you that authentic feel.

User beware though, wear gloves cos if that **** gets on your hands they are stained for a week.
I thought about using colouring, but im just cooking for myself. Flavour is more important

The real real secret to the red colour is apparently using Kashmiri Chili Powder. That's got the right flavour and gives it colour.

honestbharani

Tomato sauce Penne Pasta with some potato wedges for sides and sour and spicy dips.. First she gives me a great haircut, now she makes these for dinner. If only she could appreciate why Lara is a better test match batsman than Sachin, life would be bliss...

SillyCowCorner1

I thought about using colouring, but im just cooking for myself. Flavour is more important

The real real secret to the red colour is apparently using Kashmiri Chili Powder. That's got the right flavour and gives it colour.
The smokiness adds character to the dish. Burst of flavors.

SillyCowCorner1

Tomato sauce Penne Pasta with some potato wedges for sides and sour and spicy dips.. First she gives me a great haircut, now she makes these for dinner. If only she could appreciate why Lara is a better test match batsman than Sachin, life would be bliss...
First love never dies I'm guessing

Red_Ink_Squid

Posh take out for Mrs Squid's birthday. Lamb cooked in sweet marsala sauce with garlic, onions & chilli for her; pork shank with cannellini beans for me. Roast veg to share.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
the fast ends at sunset (in about half an hour), it can get fairly long (about 16 hours from dawn to dusk here in the great white north). Looking forward to a spicy chicken sandwich with potato chips on the side. Probably not the healthiest of meals but after a whole day of fasting it is hard to have zucchini or cabbage.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever

F403F6FE-D703-48E9-A1C9-FCCCC5013F2B.jpeg

The little black specs are cilantro (came out black in the picture), I chopped them up real small and cooked them early with the coconut milk. I marinated the fish in some garlic, salt, pepper, and garam masala for an hour. The gravy is just coconut milk, salt, curry powder (a wonderful West Indian blend that I bought), cayenne, garlic and Kashmiri red chili powder.

I kind of just made it up mostly, and it came out delicious - a little too spicy. Probably because I didn’t use yogurt to marinate the fish like I usually do, so the spices came through more.

Last edited:

Red Hill

The artist formerly known as Monk
the fast ends at sunset (in about half an hour), it can get fairly long (about 16 hours from dawn to dusk here in the great white north). Looking forward to a spicy chicken sandwich with potato chips on the side. Probably not the healthiest of meals but after a whole day of fasting it is hard to have zucchini or cabbage.
So people in the Southern Hemisphere have a much easier time of Ramadan?