• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What beer do you drink?

Retox

An off shoot of the manly drink thread.

I prefer,

Crown Lager
Heineken
Corona
Becks
VB

_Ed_

Tui.

Mainly because they sponsor the university bar and it is therefore available much cheaper than anything else at said establishment.

pasag

RTDAS
_Ed_ said:
Tui.

Mainly because they sponsor the university bar and it is therefore available much cheaper than anything else at said establishment.
Tui was my beer of choice in NZ, really, really liked it. Better than most Aussie beers tbh.

Barney Rubble

Lately I've been drinking a lot of bitter. Caffrey's, John Smith's Extra Smooth, stuff like that. Had Kronenbourg Blanc for the first time on Tuesday and that's awesome. Can drink pretty much anything tbh, bar Grolsch and Stella.

Hoggy31

Could drink any thing really but prefer Coldies, Carlton Draught, TEDs and Little Creatures.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Matteh said:
Stiegl, Tetleys, Grolsch, if i find Castlemaine on tap i'll have it, San Miguel
The thread title says "what beer do you drink, not what's your favourite variety of flavoured piss?

Anyway, Guinness for me

Matt79

Global Moderator
Hoggy31 said:
Could drink any thing really but prefer Coldies, Carlton Draught, TEDs and Little Creatures.
:lol:

I like just about any beer as long as its not cold-filtered, beer-with-training wheels crap like Coldies.

For winter its hard to go past a Guiness, Kilnenny, or Leffe Bleu. Rest of the year I'm pretty flexible - preferred sessional drink is Cooper's Pale Ale, Cascade Premium, or Boag's.

Kweek

can't believe so many people like Heineken, thats just water from the dump with alcohol.

Hertog-Jan
Jupiler
Kronenbourg
Stella Artois
Staropramen is awesome czech beer, and was happily surprised a pub in Oundle had it on tap.

Matt79

Global Moderator
I reckon Heineken and Stella are pretty severely over-rated outside of Europe... Not bad beers, but nothing special, and nothing worth a $3 premium compared to the better local beers, or worth passing over some of the other 'imports' available at the same price...

Kweek

Heineken is overhyped and overrated **** beer.
Stella Artois(so the actual Belgian one, not the import ones) is such a good beer. :)

Matteh

GeraintIsMyHero said:
The thread title says "what beer do you drink, not what's your favourite variety of flavoured piss?

Anyway, Guinness for me
It's **** in a can, but it's fine on tap.

cpr

Agreed about the actual Belgium Stella, its as nice a beer as you can get really. Even the import stuff isnt too bad.

For me its either Stella, Becks, Guinness or Carlsberg Export.... or if i'm in the local Holts own isnt too bad for its price :) (dunno how many Holts pubs there are outside manchester though, so might be on my own on that one!). Peroni isnt too bad if your at your local italian resteraunt (though when i was in italy it tasted dire... go figure)

Budweiser Budvar isnt too bad either, though i dont like the american bud... Dont like the taste of Kronenburg either, guess thats just me though

I refuse to drink Carlsberg or Fosters on the grounds that i could fish it out of the toilet myself

Agree with Matteh on the Guinness in a can (or bottle for that matter), just doesnt taste right at all
--
Edit: except he didnt say that at all, was talking about a different beer. But the principles still the same

Last edited:

Matteh

cpr said:
Agree with Matteh on the Guinness in a can (or bottle for that matter), just doesnt taste right at all
--
Edit: except he didnt say that at all, was talking about a different beer. But the principles still the same
San Miguel on tap tastes different than when in a bottle. There's just something better with tap beer, a shame you can't buy it in 20 packs in the supermarket.